www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Some good ones from the weekend

Default Some good ones from the weekend

Dave Buracewski and Jordan Thayse of Green Bay stopped by the shop this morning with several nice perch they caught off the Terrace access this weekend. The biggest ones were 13 and 14 inches. Nice fish, guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b.JPG 
Views:	430 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	8838   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c.JPG 
Views:	415 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	8839  
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Default And a couple more

Sam Peterson stopped in Saturday morning with a nice 30 1/2 inch, 10 pound 1 ounce walleye he caught on a tip-up with a sucker minnow.

I FINALLY managed to keep the hook in a decent one, for a change! I was south of Gladstone tonight, in about 30 FOW. Started marking good numbers of fish at about 6:45. A little before 7 everything started to happen at once! I had several fish on the screen, then the gas ran out on my heater, I missed several bites from fish screaming in on my bait, the radio died ( a crank up model,) and to top it off, I look out the window to see a flag up! I hated to leave the active fish on the graph, but I had an almost "sure thing" on the tip-up. Turned out to be a healthy 26 inch female. She hit a small sucker minnow one foot off of bottom. Problem with those small minnows is that the fish can suck them down quick, and she ended up being gut hooked. Oh well, at least she'll make a good batch of Poor Man's Lobster. Got back to the shack and there were still fish on the screen. Dropped the #9 Glow Tiger Rap back down and popped a 17 inch male in short order. A few minutes later, I landed a short fish on the same bait. Amazing how a 10 minute flurry of activity will make up for a couple hours of "dead time."

Name:	a.JPG 
Views:	454 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	8840   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d.JPG 
Views:	419 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	8841  
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Default Great week

I sure was glad to see the flurry of action starting with the last full moon and continuing through all of last week. I'm not sure I have ever seen as many 28" to 31.5" walleyes come in as they have recently. Between about six of us, I know we landed more than a dozen heavyweights, and twice that many 20" to 26" fish. That does reflect quite a few man-hours on the ice though. Both mornings and evenings have been good. Getting out was still OK Sunday afternoon/evening, but it was a case where you had to stop and check certain shoreline spots before proceeding (using ATV's). On a final note, I had a heavy fish on last night that hit one of Bay View's suckers on a "mini-quick strike" rig (a #6 treble tied to the end of the line and a #6 treble hook on a two inch leader as a stinger, weighted with a large split shot). The fish easily took line off against the drag (I was using rod and reel). After turning it and fighting it for about twenty seconds, it suddenly got off. Both trebles were intact and even the sucker was still impaled! I don't know what happened to let this fish escape. Maybe it didn't know I would have released it anyway.

Pretty much the way Chris said it as far as baits and presentations. The Michigan Tech Crew I had with me this Saturday finished with 7 morning and 4 afternoon eyes from 16 to 30.5 inches. Also missed and broke off several fish.

Name:	100_0104.JPG 
Views:	333 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	8858