www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lawyers, Eelpout, Losh, Maria, Burbot???

Question Lawyers, Eelpout, Losh, Maria, Burbot???

Hey,
    Just wondering if anyone has caught any lawyers lately and wondering if they are spawned out already. I know they generally spawn under the ice in mid to late February, but I wasn't able to get out at night for them during that time. I will have time this next week and just wondering if anyone has targeted them or not. If anyone has caught one in the last 3-4 days , it would help to know if they had spawned already. Thanks, Slammer!!!
    By the way , they are called something different in different areas of the country. Eelpout in Minnasota, Maria in Canada, Losh in Sault Ste Marie and eastern states, Burbot is the real name I believe and Lawyers in our area .Any other names you know of that they are called besides the 5 in the title ?

Cool

I've also heard people call them ling. Can't help you on whether they have spawned or not though.

Default burbot

i'd have to guess NO they are not spawned out based on the size of the bellies on the two i caught the other night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	burbot.jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	8842  

Cool Gotta do it!!!

Hey ,
    Thanks Johnkregs for the reply. Gonna have to try some late night fishing , but thursday is the soonest I can get out. Hopefully I can still access the lake but this weather is not helping my mission. Seeing they haven't spawned yet , it must be real close. It would be fun to get a group out there and see what we can do. Thanks again, Slammer!!!!!!!!

Ive heard them called shoepac in munising

think I heard someone call em'' dogfish'' before
    KEEP THE SLOT ON BAY DE NOC