www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Genes Pond

Smile Genes Pond

Went up to Genes Pond today. The blue gills were really biting!
    3 of us limited out and probably threw 75 or so back to grow up.
    Going up again tomorrow with my 2 grandsons. Hope the weather is as nice as it was today.

Smile

Change in plans. All 4 of my grand kids are going back to Genes pond tomorrow!
    I can't Wait!

What part of the pond are you fishing and what hooks and bait did you use? As long as I'm asking...How deep were you fishing? Kinda nosey I am. lol
    When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish that too!

Went up today with the 4 grandkids and we had a ball! Ended up taking 58 blue gills and 2 perch home. The kids had a great time and the weather was just beautiful!
    We fished to the right of the boat launch in about 6 feet of water not too far from the shoreline Used small jigs and wax worms for bait. Just about any color jig caught fish all day long!
    A great day on the ice with my 4 favorite fishin buddys!

If you like catching and cleaning small panfish, Genes pond is the place to go. The lake has been gettting hammered the past couple of years. It nothing to see 30 trucks on the lake on a weekend. We like to hole hop when we fish there, we usually drill 6-12 extra holes outside the shack. It was so packed 2 weeks ago, one group set up on one of our farther holes which was about 75 ft from our shack. I have been seeing people from WI there also. The average size has dropped about and inch and a half from 2 years ago. We have been fishing it every year for a long time now. Average depth is from 6-8ft ,weeds everywhere, any color teardrop with a waxworm will work.