www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Walleye help

Default Walleye help

I have never fished open water walleyes before. I have a Baha 277 GLE that I fish salmon with out of sturgeon bay. When fishing Bays De Noc or Green bay does anyone have any DVD's out to give me a hand? I will be fishing June to Sept. What techniques do you use when doing this? Anything help would be great. Thanks, Chris

Well, for starters, I have always liked the In-fisherman series of DVDs. They seem to have one specially designed around most any tactic you might try. As far as what to do that time of year, I thinks it’s safe to say that 80% of the boats out there will be trolling. And that number would be near 100% if you only count the water south of Esky. In the upper part of the bay, the other 20% will be working structure and weed lines. I have always preferred to head south that time of year because of the fact that there really are no big fish in the upper portions of the bay. Down south, areas like the series of reefs south of Ford River, and Minneapolis shoal can be good. These are the areas where lots of the winning baskets in tournaments come from. In these areas, most people will be trolling either crawler harnesses or deep diving crank baits behind in-line plainer boards. Some also use stick baits with lead core or snap weights.