www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Bad spot I found

Exclamation Bad spot I found

Today I was checking on some customers and they told me to be careful by one of the tip-up's that there was open water there. I went and looked and sure enough there is a open spot in the mid lake basin. It is about 3 feet in diameter and I have a xmas tree laying down over it and there are also some stakes painted orange by it. It looks a little iffy for about 25' around this area. I went and drilled some holes in other areas and fished tonight and there was 20" of ice everywhere else that I drilled. The Coordinates for this location are N45.53.165 / W 86.57.770. Please be careful if you are going in this area. This is between Center Reef and the East bank in about 23' of water.

Tightlines and Good Luck to All

Capt. Steve is OUT

Shanty Claus Guest

Capt. Steve,

Thanks for the heads up on the open water location.
    Looking at the extended forecast it does not look very hopeful for vehicle travel onto the ice for next weekend the 13th and 14th when I wanted to come up, but will have to wait and see.

Default New Info

Talk with a good friend of mine who fishes that area alot. He said yes there is a spring there. You will notice it more when the ice does not get a thick as it does in normal years. He said he new of a guy who but his front of his car in some years back when we had the same thickness of ice as we do now. So these are good cords to watch out for.
    Mark @ Hawg Heaven