www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: my first monster

Talking my first monster

Killed this 31.5" 11.5lb. mama on Sat. night on a JJ Mac Muffin Shiver Minnow tipped with a minnow head. Knew she was a dandy from the strike she really slammed it, and then the battle was on she wasnt too eager to go on my wall but after untangling the line from my transducer cable I gaffed her and started my celebration that lasted till closing time. Also landed a nice 28" male that night. Bite is pretty agressive lately.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture.jpg 
Views:	912 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	8784   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 001.jpg 
Views:	924 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	8785  

Default Slot

I take it there is no more slot

Default slot

I had my 5yr. old with me.

Talking

nice fish..thats a chubby old girl if i ever saw one!
    "By the Power of Grayskull! I have the Power!"

Beautiful fish!!! Which one did your 5 yr old catch?

Dandy Fish man! Wish I could break my 7 lb max streak... Two weeks LEFT!

Nice fish! If my 5yr old was with I would have the camera on him with the fish. Must have been an exciting time to share with your son despite the whole slot limit thing......

Talking Nice Catch!

Congrats on the wall hanger!!

Congrats Dave!!! Nice catch!! You've definately put the time in to earn that one hey?
    OK... 10 More Minutes

rockbass Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HawgHeaven View Post
    I take it there is no more slot

You run a guide service and don't know if there is a slot limit? Unless this your attempt at being a pot stirrer?

Nice fish jerkbait!

Default Nice fish

Dave Nice fish and I am glad you took your son with you. My 6 yr old is hooked for life and just loves to fish with me.

To the rest which commented on the slot Don,t be so judgmental about him The rules state 1 over 23 per person right? Even the big walleye tour in the bay allow 5 fish per team 2 over 23 right? They did not make sure that the pro caught 1 and the amateur caught the other.

I have not yet tied into a 30 inch plus but when I do It is going home with me. And if my son is with me and we get 2 Both will be on the wall.

Cool Slot??

Thought it was only 1 over 23 till reopening........ sure doesn't look releaseable right there next to his garage.

Smile not the point

Quote Originally Posted by duckiller2 View Post
    Dave Nice fish and I am glad you took your son with you. My 6 yr old is hooked for life and just loves to fish with me.

I have not yet tied into a 30 inch plus but when I do It is going home with me. And if my son is with me and we get 2 Both will be on the wall.
    I know from experience, with 9 & 7 year old boys, it's hard to let them take the rod or count on them to catch "their" fish, but...To me, and that's only my 2 pennies, I would've handed the rod over or let it go.

"To the rest which commented on the slot Don,t be so judgmental about him The rules state 1 over 23 per person right? Even the big walleye tour in the bay allow 5 fish per team 2 over 23 right? They did not make sure that the pro caught 1 and the amateur caught the other."

I think it depends on the C.O. on "who caught what". I have witnessed a C.O. ask the kids if they can set/run "their" lines. Luckily I taught them how too, because they had to show him.

Nice fish anyway,
    Ben

It sure bothers me how all of you can razz this guy for this... None of you (almost none) post anything other than BS...... Where's all of your reports?
    I bet his kid will be hooked for life.. and for that I commend you jerkbait. Thank you for making a memory he will always carry with him. Way to go, what more can you ask for?

Thumbs up 31.5" walleye

jerkbait. Very nice Walleye, All you need is a 13lbs.er to shut them all up. again Very nice walleye. Walleye Quinn....................

Default Really?

The real problem some of you people have with this is that there is not a legal # of humans in the picture? Are photo op's subject to litigation? Let the foolish and narrow minded individuals continue to cast their judgement; they are obviously troubled with the feelings they are having for their fishing partners and have to lash out at someone.

Jerkbait constantly mentions bringing kids with him, constantly gives reports both good & bad and the one time he shows off a couple pigs there are people out there to Piss & Moan about the fact he has 2 fish they really wish they themselves had caught? Attaboy Jerkbait, that is a dandy pair of fish.

It would be nice if someone would start another good 'hater's' thread about the Asian Carp or the Gill Netters or the Slot and leave a guy alone and give him room to show off a couple nice fish he caught with hook and line in a slot limit area that currently is not filled with Asian Carp.

Default my kids

Hey just for the record my 5 yr. old is a she, and I dont expect a 5yr old girl to know how to set up a line or want to. She wont touch live bait and just about tears the door off the portable when I crack open the wigglers. However I do set up poles and tip ups for her and give her the oppertunity that Im sure not too many kids get out there to hook a nice fish and then try to land it and if she has trouble Im damn sure not gonna lose the rig by letting her drop it down the hole so Yes I will jump in if she asks and help her land a fish. If a CO wants to right me up for that then so be it. And as for her taking a picture with fish she wont even hold a blue gill unless she can hold the line a foot above the fish even then shes a little squeemish. If any of you guys that are bustin my balls ever wanna come out I can put you on some fish but I guess if your a guide you can find em yourself.

jerkbait
    p.s. thanks to the others for the support

Thumbs up Thanks for pics

As a father who takes his kid out fishing whenever I can, I for one thank this gentleman for sharing his story and his pictures. And I give him kudos for spending time with his daughter in the outdoors.

Default hey crapper!

i don't think you'll have a problem with the CO's as long as your only setting up 3 lines.

Although, i wish they could write you a ticket for do do' ing off my boat when i took you and your parents salmon fishing last summer (catching a couple) then not pitching for GAS!
    or
    do do 'ing near my iceshack a couple weeks ago. and telling me u did it..

i think you just got a new nickname.

Smile Great Job

Great Job. Not only on the nice fish but also keeping involved with your family. It is hard to get kids involved. They might drop their cell phone or be away from the internet for awhile. And as reports show you also fish with your parents. Thumbs up here. . For god sake don't stand by the buck pole at camp and post. Who knows what they would say then.... Geeeezzzz....

Talking Great Catch!

Awesome Walleye Jerkbait!!Must have been sum fight?Agian congrats...JEFF......

...I wish they could write you a ticket for do do' ing off my boat...
    FYI, that's what is known as "releasing a Milwaukee brown trout."
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

who do you think took the picture if there wasnt enought humans around ?

Default i re-neg

i re-thought. there is one CO around i bet would give you a hard time...

Wink milwaukee brown

Hey Chris and John, I always practice catch and RELEASEEEEEE!

heres the two kings jkregs hooked my parents from Seattle up with after I chummed up the waters.
    thanks john and ya ya I still owe ya a new towel.

jerkbait
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0097.JPG 
Views:	315 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	8799  
    Last edited by jerkbait; 03-02-2010 at 08:30 PM. Reason: ADDED A PIC.

Default Nice!!!

Heck of a fish buddy! Trophy is anyones book, gotta love a wallhanger and a dinner fish in the same night.

Default Lets Whoa it down a bit here

I did not think the slot opened up on March first. So all I was doing was asking a question. Sorry If any one took offense to it. Yes they were nice fish and congratulations. Yes it was great that your little girl was with. I hope it was a enough to get her hooked on fishing for life. Because as a Guide I like to have my customer practice CPR. It is a personal preference and is up to the individual. As for the negative comments my reputation stands on its own merits after 18 yrs of doing ice. If you question any guides ability call the bait shops, motels and other Captains for referrals. As for Big Arn you must not now me. We have never had any shacks off the yellow gate in many years. So lets whoa it down a bit here. This board should be used for information only and not personal attacks.
    So have a great day fishing and keep a tight line
    Mark @ Hawg Heaven

Default zone

Lotta places to catch pigs, than just in the slot zone!

nice monster eye, Im sure your daughter was having a good time