As much as I'd still like just a bit more time with Winter and snow...I'm slowly starting to shift my focus from winter related fun back to muskie related items, such as starting to think about what tweaks and repairs my boat needs. I simply put it away in the garage for the winter and haven't yet touched it. No new muskie gear for me this year. Only update I hope to be able to make is hopefully a new transducer for my Lowrance. Might have to buy two new trolling motor batteries as my current ones are now 4 years old and started to show signs of fatigue at the end of last season. Other than all that...just hoping to get my kids into the fishing scene more and hope to have them in the boat with me at some point when a musky decides to eat to show them one of these fish in real life. They love looking at photos of muskies in the magazines or on-line...time to show them the real, live deal.

Think it's maybe time to get the crew back together for some outings this year? Icebreaker outing? 24 hour long outing? Another Fall Toughman outing? You know...like we used to do a few years ago. I miss those laid back, unofficial, friendly outings that we used to hold on the Barbee Chain, etc.

Something to think about...

As for right now..there's still 12 inches of ice on the lakes up north. It's gunna be a few weeks yet till ice-out.