www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: ship moving

Exclamation ship moving

Warning to all shacks off TDVinnettes heard the trader is scheduled to leave with its first load of the season on wensday and is moving over to the ore dock sometime between sunday and tuesdy.

Default So I am

Heading Down down Thursday and Friday to do some fishing , I don't know where TDVineetes is or what dock ? Would I still be able to go from Terrace area down towards escanaba river still? Taking my Father out there just wanna make sure it will still be alright .

Default Boat moving to ore dock

T D Vinettes is just south of the mouth of the Escanaba river as you come out of the river you turn south around the point then the lake cuts back to the west toward the power plant Vinettes is just south of the power plant and just north of the ore dock.
    Hope this helps you. I would be VERY CAREFUL around the river I think the boat that is to move is tied up to the power plant dock which is just around the other side of the point on the south side of the river. With the warmer temps we have been having and what is predicted for later in the week the ice around the river has to be getting kind of thin and moving that boat is not going to help conditions by the river any.

Default River Info

I fished near the river mouth Sunday a.m. The river itself has opened up and we could see waves created by the wind. There were still about a dozen shacks off the mouth. Ice thickness was about one foot, but ship movements, south winds, and maybe other factors can quickly change the conditions in that area. A few ATV's were out at the shacks, but no trucks. Vinette's is south of the river mouth - maybe a quarter mile. Bottom line: use extreme caution in that area. Watch for other anglers to see if safe travel lanes are available. If there are few or no permanent shacks near the river mouth, it probably means the locals have pulled theirs ashore. Using a portable shanty might be OK. Be careful.

The boat is leaving the coal dock and going to the ore dock on friday morning.....SHACKS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!

Exclamation Ice Breaking Operations

BE CAREFUL around the munispal dock in Esky. Looks like Kobasic must have been out cutting trails. One trail looks to be going over toward the Reese coal dock. Yep there is a track cut to the Reiss coal dock by the park, 1 to the munispal dock and out around the lighthouse. Also when driving through the park about 4:45 pm looking south out toward portage I could see the tug from the barge Great Lakes Trader headed back in toward Escanaba. When I got back to Escanaba about 6:00 pm friday the tug was back at the dock.

SO BE VERY CAREFUL FROM THE ESCANABA RIVER SOUTH TOWARD ESCANABA AND ANYWHERE AROUND THE SHIPPING CHANNEL !!!
    Last edited by packrat; 03-05-2010 at 07:47 PM. Reason: up date

Quote Originally Posted by packrat View Post
    BE CAREFUL around the munispal dock in Esky. Looks like Kobasic must have been out cutting trails. One trail looks to be going over toward the Reese coal dock. Yep there is a track cut to the Reiss coal dock by the park, 1 to the munispal dock and out around the lighthouse. Also when driving through the park about 4:45 pm looking south out toward portage I could see the tug from the barge Great Lakes Trader headed back in toward Escanaba. When I got back to Escanaba about 6:00 pm friday the tug was back at the dock.

SO BE VERY CAREFUL FROM THE ESCANABA RIVER SOUTH TOWARD ESCANABA AND ANYWHERE AROUND THE SHIPPING CHANNEL !!!
    Looks like most of the shacks south of the ore dock have pulled out.