Here's the article that was released in the Cass Lake Times today.
Allan Olson, Cass Lake Times reporter, met with me last week and was eager to hear my side of the story regarding the Cass Lake spearing issues. I want to thank him for making time to hear my side of the story. would say that he wrote an excellent article and the facts are black and white. Fisheries must come first.
That said, I met many great guys that are members of the Darkhouse Association last night at the Cass Lake American Legion.
The Darkhouse president of the area always brought in issues not relevant to the topic at hand. He kept the focus on his views of the "negative" impacts of musky introduction to other lakes, predator prey relationship, musky tournaments, and many many other things that had no place in a meeting about spearing northern pike. He even stated that at the next CLIFS meeting he is going to show those that show up the Monster Quest show that was on the History Channel focused on muskies. These were not the thoughts expressed by any other spearer that I talked to last night. They could care less about muskies and actually liked watching them swim under in their spear holes. These are the guys that are going to be hurt by the actions of so few in the organization.

Here's a link to the article:
http://www.casslaketimes.com/index.p...other-top-news