www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: The Search for Perch

Default The Search for Perch

I probably should have stayed farther north where I started the season. This afternoon I moved my permanent shanty around like it was a portable, as I drilled and fished north of Butler's Island. I even found a great-looking spot where a wall of weeds at 9' was facing a downslope into about 20'. I set up at the base of the slope and watched on camera as a few small perch lazily moved past my baits. I tried hard to use attractors to pull some larger fish in, but saw just two walleyes and a small pike that responded. Oh well... the search goes on. I'll be out later in the week to continue prospecting. Many times in the past I've landed fifty or more perch in that area and kept ten to twenty to take home. Not this year.

Thumbs up Not too bad?

Hmmm,Sounds like things are starting to turn around VERY slowley.Lets hope for the best!!If u dont mind me asking how far north were u?If not totally understand...Good Luck...JEFF

Default Island

Since there was a group of shanties (actually N.E.) of the island I just started prospecting in spots where I could find 100 - 200 yards of space between shacks. The farthest spot from the island that I tried may have been maybe 700 yards? I am working east now since there are fewer shacks there.