www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: First Time to NSL July 2010

Smile First Time to NSL July 2010

This summer my father and I are planning a week in mid-july to nsl. We have been fishing Lac Seul (housekeeping plan) for the past 6 years, but due to a smaller group (2) we are looking for less work and more time to fish. My dad is 84 (very energetic) and I am 57. He convinced me that it is all about the bus ride and the food! Looking for some tips, insights, what to bring that we would not think about, hot spots, can"t miss baits, etc. Should I be bringing my own electronics (more familiar with) or is what is in the boat enough. What about trolling motors? How are the bugs? We primarily have fished for walleye, northern, and smallies, but want to spend time chasing muskies! Would appreciate some quality input from experienced guests. Thanks!

Default Tips and Info

Steve I would love to give you all the information that you are asking. However typing is not my forte. Please email me at ranman820@sbcglobal.net and I will send you my phone number. Our group is also going up mid July and have been at NSL for over 10 years. RanMan

Default hey

Quote Originally Posted by tipupsteve View Post
    This summer my father and I are planning a week in mid-july to nsl. We have been fishing Lac Seul (housekeeping plan) for the past 6 years, but due to a smaller group (2) we are looking for less work and more time to fish. My dad is 84 (very energetic) and I am 57. He convinced me that it is all about the bus ride and the food! Looking for some tips, insights, what to bring that we would not think about, hot spots, can"t miss baits, etc. Should I be bringing my own electronics (more familiar with) or is what is in the boat enough. What about trolling motors? How are the bugs? We primarily have fished for walleye, northern, and smallies, but want to spend time chasing muskies! Would appreciate some quality input from experienced guests. Thanks!
    been there 4 times call me if ya have the time les bales aka ol bear 219 662 2881 nw indiana

Thumbs up Been There

Been There, Going Back This Year With 6 Other Guys ,bought The T Shirt , I Found My Home , You Will Too !!! Les Aka Ol Bear @ ,labales@comcast.net

Been going there with my son for the last 5 years. Pillow and blanket for the bus ride. Electrics are not needed. Black flies and mosquitoes, spray with 100% DEET seems to work well. I would diffidently get a guide at least for the first 2 days or until you get comfortable with the lake, it's huge. If you have a GPS bring it. The weather can be tricky, bring a set of warm clothes just in case. Money for cocktails 3.75/beer and a tip for the cook/maids, dock boys and guide approx $100.00 for the week. As for location of fish, it changes from day to day, crap shoot. This year we boated a 40" & 38" Musky, 2 38" Northern and a 24" Walleye with allot more in the slot. Spinners/Bucktails for Musky and Northern, Jigs and Little Joe's w/ steel leaders for Walleye. The water is high this year be careful for rocks, they're all over the palce.