www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Musky Stuff at Boat Show

Default Musky Stuff at Boat Show

I checked out the big bucktails & other lures at Lake Shaker? from Madison, WI & also the "Old School" rods from Webster Guide Service. Thinkin' of spending some $$$ later this week. Lures looked like good quality hand made's and the rods seemed well made and reasonably priced, which is what I was looking for.

Anyone have any pro's/con's? (I figure guys that came to the show should get a chance to sell their stuff; if the quality is there.)

Thanks

Hi Scott!

There's nothing wrong with picking up some new digs for the arsenal, especially if the price is right! As far as the rods go I don't know what your looking for, but Mike's rod is the berries for 10's and Mag Dawgs, swimbaits, down to Rattlebaits. The 9' length might seem to long until you 8 with one, then you'll have a hard time going back! I'll have his rod with me in our booth Thursday from 3-9:00 p.m. if you would like to see it before you buy a rod. Thorne Bros. had some things down 10-20% Saturday, you might check them out too!

Buddy Ellenburg

Take a kid fishing they'll have a lifetime of memories!

Scott, did you buy anything at Lake Shaker? I went over and talked to the guy and was going to get a willow leaf spinner from him. But as he continued to trash every other bait maker, his arrogance lost him a sale! I'll get my willow from John Routt! Thorne's got some business though, they seemed to be the only serious Musky seller there!

Buddy Ellenburg

Take a kid fishing they'll have a lifetime of memories!

How was the boat show this year?
    Vince Weirick

Can't tell you personally. I only worked one weekday evening. Seemed decent from what I heard though.
    John

Default Lake Shakers

Buddy, I did purchase a couple lures from Lake Shaker. The guy was OK with me, nothin' negative about other lures, just pointed out all the things in his lures that he thought made them special. Looks like a well made lure, I got a couple big ol' things so I can get me some Popeye lookin' forearms after cranking for a day. One with big willows and another with some big azz copper & black.
    When I was at Thorne Brothers the guy tells my wife "He can look at 'em but not touch anything,,,,,,,Uh, just kidden'". So I left.