www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: colors

Default colors

hey paul,

i'm looking to tie up some more spinnerbaits and was wondering if you had any flashabou color combinations beyond the standard blue/silver, black/orange, pearl/silver/white, orange/yellow/green, etc.. that may work or might be interesting to try. i'll be fishing mainly in central minnesota. (i'm also aware of the hot pink, giant freshwater mutant shrimp color pattern on 'the pond'.) i also have a variety of feather colors to augment the flashabou. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.

flathead

"I like big baits and I cannot lie. You other brothers can't deny....."

Summer - Mille Lacs; Winter - Clearwater, MN

I can suggest a couple color patterns that are 'must-have' on Mille Lacs, but have really produced for me everywhere. The first that comes to mind is light purple (it's really kind of lavender) with chartreuse blades. The skirt color is pearlescent light purple, but it really throws off other colors in the water. It's a material that looks different in the water. That skirt with chartreuse blades has been the top daytime producer for me for the last three years on Mille Lacs. It's best on a bright day. Another must-have is black with a smoke blade. Flashabou is available in both black and halo-black. That one is best on dark days and it's a great choice for night fishing. Both of those color combinations are part of the Mille Lacs pack of Spanky Baits. You can have a look there to see how they look. You'll be looking at a double-10 inline lure with those colors, but it'll only take a little imagination to see how a spinnerbait would look.

http://www.spankybaits.com/index.php?productID=148

No, this is not a lame effort to direct you to the Spankybaits website. It's the only way to show you what I have in mind. Otherwise, I'd have to shoot a few photos of my own lures and post the photos; it's much easier to direct you to the Spankybaits site.
    Enduro Guide Service
    Paul Schlagel

Web Site: http://www.enduroguideservice.com

thanks for the info paul. i usually find your ex cathedra advice to be right on the money, so i'm sure these color combos will help produce more fish. i already have the black/smoke color (perhaps i should use it more often!). but i don't have the lav./chart. color combo. i can't say that combo would have occurred to me with out your insight. thanks.

flathead
    "I like big baits and I cannot lie. You other brothers can't deny......"