Have been watching the outflow numbers and this last week they backed off quite a bit on the outflow as they near their winter target level. Flow went from 4500 cubic ft/sec to about 2050 on Sunday. I decided to give it a go....

The Handicap dock is once again dry, the beaches are re-appearing, and the top few steps are now high and dry with the 3rd only a few inches under. The Kaskaskia was actually inside it's banks near Ramsey when I went by.

Water temp was 37.5 deg F at the concrete, the water is still murky as expected, and little or no ice is left anywhere.

As for the fishing, it was slow. I pounded from 8am to about 3:30 without a nudge. Saw no action anywhere else.....no buffalo, cats, whites or otherwise. I saw no action on a line or surfacing. BUT....I did get to stretch my gear's legs, shake off the dust, and get that accuracy back up to snuff.

Today, given last night's rain, everything is flooded again below in the river, and they've upped the outflow to 2560 as of 2pm today, and the lake is just 2 feet shy of their target curve. I expect they'll back off the outflow again once this last barage of run off makes it's way out of the flowage(s).

Anyway, that's all there is to it...get that gear out and tune it up, Muskie season is close, and I'll see ya out there soon!

Chris