www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Need Reports

Default Need Reports

Heading down Feb 26 th. Any post' appreciated.

Yep...we are heading down on the 24th...any news from the water?...

Thanks- Matt

The lake has finally opened up, but the fishing has been really slow. Only caught a couple dinks.

With the weather forecasted for the rest of the week, there may be some skim ice on it again since it is supposed to get down in the mid teens on Wednesday night. I am leaving for the Ohio Show on Thursday morning, so best of luck out there. I just hope the ice isn't a problem!
    Chad Cain Guide Service
    Chad Cain

Web Site: http://www.chadcain.com

THIS WEATHER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Where is Al Gore's global warming when you need it??
    Chad Cain Guide Service
    Chad Cain

AMEN! I can't take this much longer!!

Hey Hawkeye,

Is the Johnson Creek end even open yet, or is it still iced over? I haven't made it up that far yet figuring it was iced up still.
    Chad Cain Guide Service
    Chad Cain

Chad,

I haven't made it over in a couple of weeks so I don't really know. I've just been hearing a little here and there about the main lake and just figured the creek didn't look good either. As you know better than I do, with the stained water back there with a few sunny days the ice comes off quicker, but it's sheltered from the amount of wind other areas see. I know it probably won't do me much good but I'm gonna give it a shot on Friday. The new outboard has been hung on my boat for over a month now and I still haven't had it in the water (sad). Gotta get it broken-in before the weather breaks anyway. I'm surprised by the lack of reports after the weather on Saturday and Sunday. I was busy so I didn't make it over. I'll be sure to leave a report on Saturday (my guess is I'll only be able to tell ya about ice and water temps...and maybe about how nice the motor sounds.)

Do you think when we have this sort of cooler weather late like this, does the prespawn get compressed (especially if we get a warm spike in a couple of weeks) or will the fish follow the natural sort of transition just later than normal? (Man, this winter is giving me too much time.)

One other question. Haven't see any posts from Scott. Has he not been on the lake at all?

How long the prespawn fishing lasts will really just depend on what the weather is like in March. Last year the fish started spawning in the third week of March. In 2005, most of the fish just held on to their eggs and re-absorbed them, meaning we caught super fat fish all the way through May.

Scott has completely gutted and re-done his boat. It looks freaking awesome now. Much bigger front and rear casting platforms! He just got done with his boat this past week. I think he is guiding this weekend while I am gone in Ohio. Gee, just saw the forecast for Columbus OH. SNOW!!!!

When will this crap end!
    Chad Cain Guide Service
    Chad Cain

Talking 1st trip to kinkaid

Me and my buddy ben went down to kinkaid on the 18th. We were very nervous when we saw the lake almost all ice accept for a small patch in the main lake. We went on and launched the boat anyway to see how thick the ice was and if we could get trough to the open water. We were pritty determined since we drove 12 hours from minnesota. we got out on open water but it was slow and no luck. Same thing on friday lots of ice no fish. saturday warmed up big time and no ice. About an hour into casting small crank baits along the main points bam my buddy yelled i got one!! didnt put up a big fight but felt like a tree stump. We boated a 46in. with a 26 in girth. The trip was worth it and this will be our routine trip in the middle of minnesota winter!