www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: New Abu Garcia toro winch 60

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What is the advantage of the winch model over the regular toro (other than $70 less). They both come in the a 5.4:1 gear ratio. The winch has more bearings, put there are plenty of people out there that would say more doesn't always mean better (Calcutta TEs only have 4 + 1). I would really like a low profile reel because my wrist that palms my reel is usually what hurts when fishing double 10s. To me, it seems like the greater line capacity of the regular toros might make it more attractive to me. Any thoughts?

Good question Paul. Not sure on this end.

I found the same thing when buying Spinning reels for walleye. The two reels I looked at were exactly the same except for a couple ounces in weight difference. Sometimes there really isn't much of a difference from one to another but it's more of an advertising tool for companies.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Default Winch

The Winch reel I have is 4.6 gears.

Paul, if you want to throw 10's you'll want to look at the newer Revo Toro Winch, which is I think 4.6:1. The Revo Toro 60 is 5.4:1 and is okay for slow rolling, but I still think it's more work than other reels. You don't want the regular Revo Winch that's been out for two years.

It appears I wasn't looking around enough until hanson's post. That gear ratio would indeed make a big difference. It also looks like there is no longer a difference in line capacity. Price either for that matter.