www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Georgian Bay

Default Georgian Bay

Hi This summer i am lookin at going to Georgian bay for a little fishing. It will all depend on how the money is. It would be on the north end of the lake the camp i would be going out of.

Has anyone fished this water? What shoudl i expect? A little info could help me convince my other half. Thanks Andy

I was there 3.5 years ago with a guide for 2 days and it was great. Big water, huge houses and big fish. Lots of trolling but there is a decent shallow casting bite if the weather and the season opener are in harmony with each other.

I was in the Honey Harbour area with Jody Mills.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

This trip would be late july to earlie aug. I had heard alot of of people say trolling is the way to go, i perfer to catch fish casting. So if i do go i might miss the shallow water bite? hmmmm

I think there is a very strong chance that the shallow water bite is non-existent during that time frame. That was exactly when I was there on my trip.

You could pull smaller pike out of the weeds but the best action will be on on mainlake structures.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Thumbs up

If you want to cast and see tons of fish then go to Eagle. Its worth the drive! I went with my buddy over the summer and both of us got 50" fish casting. We also boated many others in the 35-46 inch range. Saw 150+ muskies, at least 12 over 50" and I had a SUPER TANKER make 3 turns at the boat. Not to mention all the walleyes you can handle and tons of bonus shakers(pike) mixed in. If you stay at the right place, this trip is very affordable!!! I'll post some pics when I get the virus off my computer.

This is good, If anyone esle could recemend a place to go for a week and fish (perfer casting) please write in. It does not have to be Canada, i am just lookin to get out of work , no worries and have fun. Thanks

If you like to cast and want to drive a reasonable distance, I would consider the Kawarthas in Canada...Pigeon, Buckhorn, Chemong, Sturgeon, Balsam, Cameron, etc. I used to fish up there twice a year and it is very good fishing. They are about a 7hr drive, or so, from Pittsburgh. Most lakes are shallow and weedy...a casters dream. You will not catch any 40lb fish but there are 50"ers and usually lots of action. The fish fight great too, even though some of them will be on the skinny side. It is a good place to learn and refine your skills. One year I got three 49"ers there and my Dad got a 50". If it is on, you can have a double digit day. They like jerkbaits the best.

I used to stay on Pigeon lake and either boat or trailer to other lakes, but you could easily spend the whole week on just Pigeon. All the lakes are connected...some with locks, some without.

Check out Green Acres (owned by John and Jackie McBride) or Camp Asthabula (owned by Rob and Donna carter). I have stayed at both places and both owners are great people. Rob and Donna are usually at the Butler show.

Adam A.

I didn't mean to steer you away from the Georgian Bay with my response either. I have fished there several times, including the French River delta area on the bay and Honey Harbour, Severn Sound area. As Red said, it is big water and is pretty remote. Very little fishing pressure because it is so huge. I guess where you go would depend on what you are looking for. Georian Bay is big, remote water with huge fish potential, but it is probably not a place for numbers, lots of action, or lots of casting. It would require years to learn an area or the need to hire a guide. If you are looking for easier to learn water, lots of casting, action and numbers, you probably should look elsewhere.

Ivan, only reason i was talkin about georgian bay is i know a guy who owns a camp up there and i could go for a week for a reasonable rate.

If someone says they have a good lake i should try with in reason in driving and price i would look in to that. Like i have said before i perfer to cast and it would be nice to be able to not use a guide, but if need be i would hire one.