www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: The Quiet Lakes

Default The Quiet Lakes

Looking forward to a trip at the end of August to Lost Land and Teal. Can't wait to fish without having to contend with skiers, powerboats and jet skies. Staying at Totem Pole on LLL. Looking forward to doing some musky fishing on Teal. Anyone with any advice please post. I know it's early but.... with all the snow we're getting here in Chicagoland, I have time to start marking up the maps and plotting strategies. Thanks in advance.

Bob

Teal and Lost Land has many spots that can be very good for musky. Fish the edge of the weeds and also around some of the sunken rock bars. In Aug. Bull Dog, jerk bait or some times a top water can produce nice fish. Shoot us a e-mail about two weeks before you come up so we can give you a last min. report. Thanks for coming up to Hayward. I know you will enjoy yourself. Hayward Lakes Jim
    Jim Onarheim
    Hayward Lakes Visitors & Conventions Bureau
    Toll Free: 1-800-724-2992
    Web Site: http://www.haywardlakes.com

Default Lost land and Teal

I guide quite a bit on both these lakes and have seen the average size fish steadily improve. Both these lakes are now producing nicer size muskies these days. Constantly more low to mid 40 inch fish and some 50s.
    Lost land can be a bit harder to fish as there are more weeds which makes precise fishing some spots harder. More of a cast the weed beds deal on that lake, but if you know exactly where some of the structure that is hidden by weeds you will do better.
    Teal is a whole different lake though. Plenty of weed beds but deeper average depths and more defined edges you will find fish on. This makes Teal a little easier to find muskies on.
    In both lakes bucktails are good thru most of the summer and don't overlook spinnerbaits. Suicks are also good producers on these lakes and I have caught a lot of fish on Warlock gliders as well. During the summer both lakes are good topwater lakes too, especially in the evenings.
    Wisconsin Northland Outdoor Guide Service
    30 years Guiding Hayward area lakes
    715-462-9402
    John Myhre

Web Site: http://www.wiscnorthlandoutdoors.com