www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Genes pond

Cool Genes pond

Hey anyone been iceing out that way. It's a pit of a drive for me to get there was wondering how the bite is? And any info on bait and color,depth the action is at
    thanks for any info you give up

your basically asking for the techniques and the gps coordinates......good luck LOL

Cool

GPS coors. would be nice but i was more leaning towards depth,color stuff.

No-one is gonna tell you anything about those ponds. I have always done good with pink and orange/green moon jigs, up there, for pan fish. As far as where to go and what depth to start at, thats something any good fisherman should be able to do on his own, and something you'll have to do as well. You could look for a group of people fishing in the same area and join them but some people don't like that.
    Last year I brought a friend up that had never been there before and he said he wanted to catch largemouth through the ice because he never has before. I know where the panfishing holes are but I have never targeted bass ice fishing so I had no clue where to go. So what we did was, my buddy started drilling holes about 20 ft apart and I went to each one with the underwater camera. We had to pack up and move twice but the second time we hit the jackpot we were right over a school of 13" to 17" largemouth. My friend Chris and I had the time of our lives catching those bass in 35ft of water. We even had a Musky just under my hole, probobly saw us pulling up all the bass and thought he could grab one on the way up. Where ever you go good luck and don't be afraid to try new things.

Default He Has It Right!

A Kempka has it right! I have been fishing most of Dickinson Counties waters for over 25 years and the conditions change every day. There are no best baits or promises at any given time. You need to get out there, use a variety of bait and techniques and just enjoy the day. Keep in mind that catching some fish and getting some great time with your friends is the bonus!
    Edge Water Resort
    Web Site: http://www.edgewaterresortmi.com

Thank you, I would like to ask a couple questions myself, out of all the Gene Mine Ponds are any of them known for a specific species of fish, if there is one what species and which pond, if that is possible to reveal? Which pond provides the best opportunity for big Crappie, perch, and walleye? I'm going up sometime soon and I am confidant enough I'll find and catch them but to know which one I should look for the best quality and size in would save me a little on gas. Catching the fish just isn't enough to satisfy me I don't stop until I find the big ones and if I don't it wasn't my day but I know I'll still have a blast just for being in the great outdoors! I'm assuming the ice is safe enough to drive on, correct?

Default Genes Pond

I truthfully can not tell you one area is better than the other. I just go armed with my favorite #7 and #9 Rapala colors, a few Rattletraps (in the summer) and some various jigs and live bait. My favorite water is the Menominee River Boundary waters first and Lake Antoine second.
    Edge Water Resort
    Web Site: http://www.edgewaterresortmi.com