www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Top raider vs turbo jack

Default Top raider vs turbo jack

I know this one might sound stupid, but i was playing the muskie hunter fishing game. I notice they have a top raider and turbo jack as top water baits. I knwo they are both tail spinning top water, but can they really be that differnent to include both in the small slection of baits? Any thoughts on this?

I use both topraiders and turbo jacks...They have a different sound from each other that is very noticeable atleast to myselff and probably to the fish. I personally have had 10x more success using topraiders but i also use them alot more because i have alot of confidence in them. The turbo jack rides higher in the water and doesnt push as much water as the topraider either. They both have their time and place...my 2 cents..

Most of the lures/manufacturers on the MuskyHunter game are big sponsors or advertisers in the magazine or on the show. There are countless other baits out there that could be included in the game but they didn't fork over the sponsorship $$$$.

I have not used a Jack before (mainly TopRaiders and Pacemakers for me) but Jim Bortz has fished them extensively and really likes them.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

i know nothing of this game lol but i have a pig topwater and i love it i cant find them anymore though...

Is your Pig topwater the giant version of a moss boss? If so, I have one that I bought at Redwood ranch 13 years ago. Its hot orange/black spots/black&orange skirt. I think it's called the "Sloppy Pig". Mine floats hook side up and brings in NO WEEDS at all.

it looks like the jerk bait but has a big lip like a jitterbug, jointed and a prop on the back half hooks hang down, fronts black and the back is a bright green it moves alot ofwater with alot of noise and catches alot of fish it's gettin beat up though

Are you reffering to odsseys Skitter Critter?? It sounds to me like if its not it, then its very close. Google it and you can find them on the net. I have one and i beleive it came from Howard Wagners shop in fombell.

yes that is the same bait i've found them to be productive thanks for the info