www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Where are the perch???

Unhappy Where are the perch???

I have been in front of the days river for the past 2 weeks catching anywhere from 5 to 14 perch everytime i go out,we have been out the past 3 days and it has SLOWED rite up...Is anyone else having this prob??Any info would be nice!Thanks Jeff....

I was out by the days today for a few hours, caught a half dozen keepers, a lot of lookers.

how is the ice for truck travel off the days? i know it was fine b4 the rain but i havent been up that way since the rain?

Default Good Ice..

The ice is good now,i have atleast 14 inches of ice by me...good for cars and trucks to drive out..

Default Days Access

I have been fishing the Days access south off and on as recently as today (2-3-10). The main challenge is crossing the pressure ridge immediately off the shoreline at Yellow Gate south. It is really buckled and you will probably need very high under carriage clearance to cross it. The Blazer scraped hard as I roller-coastered across it. The ridge has changed since last weekend. Since we had fresh snow on Tues. 2-2-10, I could see wet spots along the ridge today. Having said that, trucks are crossing it and the ice out on the bay seems fine. Drilling holes today, I had about 18" to go through.

As for the perch, so-so. Some days good, others slow (like today). Do they need a day or two in order to adjust to the change from basically clear ice to snow covered ice? Hard to say. For a change, I fished south this morning, and north this evening. Watched a lot of fish on the camera, but sure had slow action for all the fish I saw.

Smile Great...

Thanks for the info i will prob try out from the yellow gate early nextweek...I have a black explorer so i should make it then...Agian Thanks!JEFF

Default access

The easiest and safest way to access little bay right now is using the northern access, north of the Days River. There are no pressure cracks and is really easy going as long as you stay away from the mouth of the river. Just stay near the shacks.

Instead of crossing over that crack just head to the left after hitting the water and skirt the crack, its worth an extra 3 minutes to not have to drive over.