www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Chris

Cool Chris

Me and 2 other buddies stopped in to da bait shop guys place before fishing last saturday. Ofcourse he had da bait we were looking for,but to my surprise his lures were cheaper than wal-marts!! We talked to a few guys out there and the verdict is that da guys that got caught last year netting killed off all da fish. I would say da average dude caught 1 fish for every 100 hours on da ice. Most less than that, just wanted to try and make it sound good.

If "da average dude" is only catching 1 fish for every 100 hours spent fishing, they need to -

A. Move to a new spot.

B. Pick up a new hobby.

Or C. Spend less time pounding brews, and more time jigging!

As far as the big stores go - they are not "Always the low price." If we get to start on a level playing field, (our wholesale cost,) we are usually cheaper than them. We had a guy come into the shop the other day with a brand new 8 quart foam minnow bucket with a K-Mart price tag of $6 on it. I asked if the bucket came with anything else for that $6 price. He said "no." I told him he could have got the exact same thing from us for $2.95. He went on to say he stopped at K-mart to buy a bucket there because he thought it would be much more expensive in a "specialty shop."

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Cool was thinking the same

Was pretty much thinking the same thing with them saying they only caught 1 walleye all year pretty much. Givin the one they did caught was in da 20" range. The two guys we talked to said they started off the Gladstone yacht club and worked their way to the Terrance. It doesnt seem hard to miss what they are fishing on, with the under water cam my buddy had: it went from 8ft to 35 ft in under 4 ft out. On this break is where all the shacks were lined up. But no bites!! Well to be completey honest i have never reallly had any luck fishing on the big waters. Only time i ever had any luck was fishing the little lakes down hwy 13. Maybe someone could take me out sometime and show me how its done?!!?!?