www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report for January 31

Default Fishing Report for January 31

Guided out on LCO yesterday, got out before daylight hoping to get some crappies before the sun came up. it was -19 when we got out there, and we couldn't keep the holes open, even in the shack. once the sun came up it warmed up quickly. fishing was ok, you had to work really hard for them though. got some bluegills, nothing huge but a few keepers. got a few pike on tip-ups, again not much size. got two nice perch on shiners on pike tip-ups one was about 10 inches and another about 11 inches. never had that before. in the evening got 3 crappies that was it. the fish were there all day, but tough to get them to bite. we fished the mouth of musky bay and there was a ton of people out there. and alot of people getting to close to each other. we had people fishing in the holes we drilled 5 feet from holes of ours with lines in them. and had guys set up tip-ups right by ours and my truck! kinda got on my nerves, I know its a community spot, but there is fishermans ethics that can still be practiced! Good luck out there!!

Tanner Wildes
    Captain Tanner Wildes Guide Service
    Tanner Wildes
    Web Site: http://www.tannerwildes.com

next time please drill a hole closer to the driver side door so i can listen to alt. nation and have the heat running in your truck as i jig.

I fished the same area as you were in for just an hour or so in mid/later afternoon. I caught some small perch, but that was about it. There were so many perch it seemed like it would be hard to keep them away long enough to catch bluegills. I didn't give them very long though.

I hopped around to a couple other places out on LCO and also ran into some small perch in the weeds. Looks like lots of forage for the gamefish out there!

Yeah, there were a lot of other people packed in a small area out there. I tried to get away from the group a little bit...which put me in the area of your shack.

curleytail