www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Product Reviews for Musky Fishing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I didn't get a ton of time with them, but I became a big fan of Musky Armor's Krave after I had a chance to get my hands on one last fall. Great bait and built like a tank! Stay tuned for the Krave Jr to be released in a couple of months. This one is looking real good too.

Aaron
    For the best prices and quickest shipping on musky tackle, visit Musky Tackle Online!
    http://www.muskytackleonline.com

Default Fishing

Hello,
    Does anyone use fish scents or fish attractant on musky soft plastics, or use it regularly on any musky lure?
    Thanks, Jeff Strough

Wish I could chime in with something new, but I've haven't really used much of anything new for the last two years, especially bait wise.

I'm typically an Abu fan, but did blow up three Record 60's this year. I'll get them rebuilt, but I will not rely on them at all next year. Again, not new news. Most people already know that.

I will have to say I like Mike's new rods though. I loved my custom Thorne Bros rod A LOT, so I figured Mike's rod would be my "backup" rod. I was wrong, my Thorne is my second rod.
    John

Jeff,

I don't use any scents on any of my baits...seems like a waste of time to me. When a musky eats a bait, it is usually a pretty vicious strike so I don't put to much thought into them "smelling" a bait. Plus I think that the scent would wear off pretty quickly even on soft plastics.
    Mike Hulbert's Musky Guide Service
    E-mail: info@mikehulbert.com
    Web Site: http://www.mikehulbert.com

419-553-6570

Release 'em all

Default Line

Hello, Mike, Thanks a lot for the input! Have you or anyone else ever used Vicious Braided Line? If so, how is it? Thanks again, Jeff

Hey Mike, I was watching muskyhunter and Jim Saric said the Abu Garcia revo winch was a great reel for big bucktails. Do you have any input on these reels?? Also will you have any of your new rods at the Ohio Musky show? Are all of these rods 9 ft?

I have never used Vicious line before so I can't comment on it...sorry.

As far as the Abu Revo goes I would stay away from it...not the best reel out there for that application and Abu's are not really known for their lasting power and their ability to handle abuse. I wouldn't suggest those reels for double 10's...but again that is just my opinion.

And yes I will have my 9 foot rods at the Ohio Musky Show, and yes all my rods are 9 ft.
    Mike Hulbert's Musky Guide Service
    E-mail: info@mikehulbert.com
    Web Site: http://www.mikehulbert.com

419-553-6570

Release 'em all