January is moving quite quickly and the Ultimate fishing show was another great gig. I enjoy shows as I get the chance to see many old friends and meet new ones too. Add that with the chance to talk fishing and it is a good time for this guy.
Recently I was a guest on the Reel Radio talk show. Reel Radio is aired live on Monday nights from 7pm-8pm on CKXS FM 99.1 in Wallaceburg Ont www.ckxsfm.com . Currently they do not have a live streaming audio, but it is in the works. The host is Eric the "PIRATE" Eric also owns Erieau Pro Tackle and Wallaceburg Pro Tackle.
The next show is the Chatham sports show Feb 12-14. It is a smaller venue but as most there may be that one item there that you have been looking for. I found a few gems at the Ultimate show and saved myself $5 a pack. There were also some great deals on Off Shore boards to be found at Franks Great Outdoors out of Linwood Mi.
Speaking of Off Shore Tackle they have redone the website with many videos added to help you with many questions that you may have. They have also went green with all products now being 99.9% lead free.
Some new products from Off Shore Tackle include OR36 1&2 resettable weight (Tadpoles) and the Pro Weight system.
The Tadpoles are a resetting diving weight which will be great for a number of applications. There are 2 sizes of the Tadpoles. I used them on Lake Erie walleye with limits being taken frequently.
The Pro Weight is similiar to the snap weight system but have a different shape and can be used as a snap weight or inline weight. The guppy weights range in size from 1/2 oz to 3oz. www.offshoretackle.com