www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 1-21: perch/walleye

Default 1-21: perch/walleye

Two of us fished between Yellow Gate and Kipling this morning, sort of staying between the two because shacks are clustered at the north and south extremes (the Gate and Kipling). We are trying to stay in spots where a few hundred yards seperate us from other shacks.

In 16', we landed 15 keeper perch (and another half dozen throwbacks). We also lost two walleyes that we saw on the camera. One on a slip float rig and shiner minnow, and another on a tip-up. Bay View's lively 3" minnows did the trick. The larger perch hit these big minnows. The slip float fish tangled with two other lines. Don't know why we lost the tip-up walleye.
    When my friend pulled the line in, it was hooked on a rock with zebra mussles on it. This line was set four feet off bottom, so something pulled it into the rocks.

During the times I could not see fish on the camera, I started dropping a neon green color 1/4 ounce Lewis Rat-L-Trap to bottom to sitr up some silt, then ripping it up three feet followed by a free-fall back to bottom. This "attractor jigging" brought fish in for a closer look about half the time. I wish I could have stayed out longer today, but I had to leave at noon.

Wink ratl trapp

Quote Originally Posted by raywriter View Post
    During the times I could not see fish on the camera, I started dropping a neon green color 1/4 ounce Lewis Rat-L-Trap to bottom to sitr up some silt, then ripping it up three feet followed by a free-fall back to bottom. This "attractor jigging" brought fish in for a closer look about half the time. I wish I could have stayed out longer today, but I had to leave at noon.
    ahh I see you read In-Fisherman as well ha ha...

Jerkbait

Default Favorite Attractors

I do read In-Fisherman, but I've been using attractors since the late 70's - especially on lakes in other states where crowded conditions are normal. Some of my favorites here on LBDN are Swedish Pimple "Laker Taker" spoons; Lewis Rat-L-Traps; "Sonar" and "Sonic" lures; Mepps spinners of various styles; big Mepps spoons and their "Little Wolf" spoons; and Rattlin' Raps. I also try other styles each year, but have never found one that works consistently. That is because at times I am probably trying to attract fish in spots where there are not any close enough to respond. As a side note, someone drilling holes near my shanty (within 50 yards or so) also seems to move fish (especially perch) and I frequently get a flurry of hits at that time.

Default Drilling Holes

Where you fishing? I will send someone over to drill holes Ha Ha ;-)

Talking Earl , clean up in isle 11 !!!

Now that's funny!! I need a new keyboard , but thats funny.

Hey Ray, Glad to hear your targeting and gettin some decent perch. Gonna try it myself next week and give those walleyes a chance to catch their breath from laughing at me and jerking me around for the last couple weeks. I've been a perch jerker for a long time and miss the days of. Good luck and hope to meet you someday ! Slammer!!!