The New Year
Hi everyone, I hope you all had a great holiday season. We are all looking forward to a great year. Good luck in the upcoming musky season.

Speakers
The first speaker of the year will be Luke Ronnestrand, on Wed January 20th at 6:45 at Cat Tails Bar and Grill. This should be a good, informative talk.
Doug Shultz from the MNDNR will be speaking at our February meeting. We will be scheduling several more speakers in the next few months, and will send out a schedule as soon as everyone is booked. Brad Hoppe may also be speaking March or April.

Members Only Release Contest
I haven’t got the final results from the contest from Dave Grundy yet, but it looks like Mike Brister will be taking home the replica for a nice fish he caught the very last day of the open season. Congrats Mike! This year’s contest got pretty interesting due to the rules of the contest. Remember, if you plan to enter a big fish in the contest this year, please get familiar with the rules, which can be found on our chapter website:
http://bemidji-cass.muskiesinc.org/

Business
If you are interested in becoming more involved in the chapter, please come to one of our business meetings. They are held at Gander Mountain, the first Wednesday of each month at 6:45pm. We really could use the help!

We are trying to save some money, and send out the newsletter by email to as many people as possible. If you do not already get it through email, and would like to, send me your address to: Muskyman7272@yahoo.com, and I will add you to the list. We will still send out paper copies to those of you who don’t have email, but we are trying to get away from that as much a possible.

See you at the meeting!

Jeff Nail