www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Masterbraid or Spectron?

Default Masterbraid or Spectron?

Hey Mike how's recovering from a busy weekend coming?!! I forgot to ask you which one you suggest from Cortland. Is the Bronzeback a good color? Man I really srewed up on not giving up my last $35 in cash for the Truglide when I finally got back to Joe they were all gone, that will haunt me all year! Are you going to be at the Ohio Show? I think I may go if it works with the schedule!! Take care!!

Buddy Ellenburg

Take a kid fishing they'll have a lifetime of memories!

I have started using 80 pound bronzeback last year. i like it. it tends to backlash a little more easily than 100 pound power pro. 100 pound bronze back is too thick (too big of a diameter) too. i like the 80 pound bronze back. i have never used Spectron though. no experiences with that stuff.
    i will continue to use the 80 pound bronze back for a while.
    Last edited by tomcat; 01-13-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Buddy,

I use both Spectron and Bronzeback. They are VERY similar lines, the Spectron green and obviously the Bronzeback bronze in color. The Bronzeback is great in the fall as it holds less water causing your reels to freeze up less and warmer/drier hands.

You will have good luck with both of them, they are both great lines.

And finally, yes, I will be at the Ohio Musky Show.
    Mike Hulbert's Musky Guide Service
    E-mail: info@mikehulbert.com
    Web Site: http://www.mikehulbert.com

419-553-6570

Release 'em all

Hey Mike!

I was on Cortland's sight via your link and now I'm not seeing bronzeback or green spectron, only white/black. Are they getting out of those colors? The online store only has 130# spectron in green stiff. Is that a good choice. I really don't want to go under 100# with the price of lures I throw. I have 2 new reels coming and wanted to try some spectron and see how I like it. I could not find any dealers, the ones on the sight mostly deal in fly equipment.

Thanks Man!!

Buddy Ellenburg

Scratch that I found it at Thorne Bros. I will Prabably pick some up at the Indy boat show.

See Ya!!

Buddy Ellenburg

I would call them and talk to Josh. Don't know if they would bring down bulk spools of line down or not. Call up there and tell them that you would like them to bring you down exactally what you want so you are sure they will have it there.

Glad you found some, always check Thornes first...they carry alot of stuff!
    Mike Hulbert's Musky Guide Service
    E-mail: info@mikehulbert.com
    Web Site: http://www.mikehulbert.com

419-553-6570

Release 'em all