Ok, so it's the offseason, but we all know and love the Dryden and Vermilion Bay area. So, I was watching the History Channel and they had that MonsterQuest show on. They were researching Bigfoot sightings at Snelgrove Lake in Ontario (this is a fly-in Walleye and Pike lake, maybe 100 miles or so north of Dryden). Then I remembered the Bigfoot statue in Vermilion Bay. So I looked up "sightings" of Bigfoot in the area, and there are some. I guess that statue is a monument to some famous Vermilion Bay sighting years ago.

I've personally never seen anything. But my thoughts are that *something* does exist. There are too many stories in native American folklore about some sort of large bipedal hairy animal. There's too many unexplained sightings. Is it some sort of mutated bear? Or is it really some sort of rare unclassified animal?

So, my question is...has anyone seen anything up there while fishing or hunting? Or do any of the guides or local people who read this site have any old family stories they can post? (Cmon Jaeger, I know you got some stories from when your parents ran their lodge. )

I know, I'm going out on a limb here. But it's the offseason, and there's not really much else to talk about!! I'm really interested in some real stories/folklore of the area.

-Dan