www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Stop the asian carp ATTN: read this only if you fish or boat

Default Stop the asian carp ATTN: read this only if you fish or boat

Hopefully everyone here can take a minute to sign this petition. I'm not sure how closely those here have followed this issue, it's been in the news lately. A fellow member at GLA took the time to make up the petition, I suggest signing it and email a link to any and all your buds that would sign it. There is background info at the link if you're not up on what's going on with this.

http://www.gopetition.com/online/33175.html
    Gary
    "SeeSwell"

Default Petition

I signed and it said I was #033 Hope that doesn't mean I was only the 33rd person to sign up. worth the 2 min. it took to do

#68.........
    KEEP THE SLOT ON BAY DE NOC

Default Get er Done

#87 Hope we are not too late!

Talking Git'R Signed

It only takes a minute!

#113 !

Give a rep a call ... worth the effort!

Default Likewise

Quote Originally Posted by duckiller2 View Post
    I signed and it said I was #033 Hope that doesn't mean I was only the 33rd person to sign up. worth the 2 min. it took to do
    #34 I hope everybody can do this
    Mike P
    Nirvana Resort

#237 Let's keep it going guys. Sign the petition.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Mac View Post
    #237 Let's keep it going guys. Sign the petition.
    Excellent response, guys, keep it going. It only started last night on GLA, so these #s are not discouraging. I was #11 last night.
    Gary
    "SeeSwell"

#318 as of 7:45 p.m

Angry Unreal

I was just watching Fox news out of Green Bay and they reported that our boy Obama has rejected a request to close the locks! He stated that it would cost too much money with shutting down the shipping. It amazes me how big business continues to dictate how our natural resources are managed. This issue has the capabilty of destroying the Great Lakes Fisheries. And then the insurance companies dictating the size of our deer herd. We need to make a stand people before we lose some of the greatest reasons we live here.

Sorry for venting, I guess I've had just about enough!

Default B.S.

So even after signing the petition it did nothing for the out come?!?!?!?

#344 at 8:45 pm signed it hope it helps.

Angry Thanks Obama------Not!!!

#358 Slammer!!!!!!!!

369 @ 9:23

Default Pretty Unbelievable

Was listening to the news down here in Illinois yesterday and they said that the politicians didn't want to close the locks down here to Lake Michigan because it would cause a loss of some jobs and shipping would become more expensive.

It's pretty unbelievable that those jobs outweigh the millions and millions of dollars recreation on the Great Lakes brings in to economy throughout the Great Lakes region in the Midwest and beyond.

What I'm saying is that I cannot believe that these politicians are so backward and clueless to the big picture. Nothing like taking the kids out on the Lake for a day and having a Asian Carp , who by the way should NEVER have been imported here in the first place , flying out of the water into your boat with your kids in it. That's not to mention that they eat about a third of there body weight a day in weeds, think that will have any impact on the largest fresh water lakes in the world?

Oh and by the way, just what exactly happened to the nitwits that imported these Asian Carp to clean their ponds in the first place, are they still in jail? Also, how about the authorities who allowed them to be brought in to the United States, who exactly are they and what department of the government allowed this ? I really would like to know exactly who they were so as to make an example of them ,so next week we don't have some other EXOTIC swimming in our precious bodies of water. Didn't these guys learn anything from thr Lamprey and Zebra Muscles?

So I guess they the politicians are right we wouldn't want to lose a few jobs now would we?

Pretty Unbelievable ! Time for all of us to do something and at the least we should have thousands of signatures on this petition , you think ?

Anybody have any information on how this all started and who allowed the Asian Crap , oops, I mean Carp in ?
    Mike P
    Nirvana Resort

Mike, there is a comprehensive story here with info about origins toward the end.

http://www.boattest.com/Resources/vi...px?NewsID=3900

It'll make you even more mad.
    Gary
    "SeeSwell"

Default Keep Signing

Read Sundays Tribune down here in the Chicago area. It says Obama's going to a hearing on closing the locks permanently to Lake Michigan in about a week or so .

The more signatures we have on this petition the better as I would think it's the least we all could do, and hopefully it will add some weight to the argument . Sure don't want to take a chance of these fish getting into The Great Lakes, you think?

So far there's 2739 signatures, as of Jan 11th 2010.

Only takes a minute to sign the petition
    Mike P
    Nirvana Resort

Make that 2750