www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice report

Default Ice report

I have not been able to get out much. I was out a couple weeks ago and we did OK on walleye. We caught one 25", a 21.5" and several 13-15 inchers. You would think with the cold and such we have had that the ice would be very good. The reports I am hearing is that there is a layer of slush and them 3-4" of good ice. The problem is that you could have good ice in one area and move a shrt distance and run into thinner ice. I would use extreme caution when venturing out as the ice is very unreliable. It is already New Years and on a typical year we would have plenty of ice to drive on. Thses are the worst ice conditions I can remember.
    Scott Biscobing
    Hodag Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.hodagguideservice.com
    E-Mail Address:hodagguide@gmail.com

Scott:

Merry New to ya!!! Been a bad year to get out as I have only been out twice so this year. Good conditions in the store and not so good on the ice.

I got a chance to see you at the Holiday tourney in Minocqua while I was officiating that game. You might not have recognized me to know who I am, but here is a hint. In the 3rd quarter, I swept the floor with my backside right in front of ya!!! LOL!!! At any rate keep up the good work and stay safe out there on this crazy ice.

Mark

Mark,

Nice to hear from you. Now that you mention it I remember your slide very well. You actually came out of it pretty gracefully. One of my older daughters friends actually got it on her camera phone. The Hodags are pretty young and are in for a season of growing pains. They will be much better next year.

Scott
    Scott Biscobing
    Hodag Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.hodagguideservice.com
    E-Mail Address:hodagguide@gmail.com

Scott:

I gotta believe that if one didn't see it, they were probably out of the gym...

You are correct regarding the team, young, new system, etc. all take their tolls. At Hurley tonight and Three Lakes tomorrow. We saw two teams whom I shall not mention, but in the second quarter, it was 38-0, so the Hodag girls are doing just fine with their youth!!!

Mark