www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: What's the best ice shack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Otter all the way.

I have a clam Guide 2 man.Below 10f or windy forget it, stay home.The next portable I buy will have some type of R value and a bigger skirt around the bottom.
    KEEP THE SLOT ON BAY DE NOC

Default Best Portable

I have a "Pop-N-Fish" 2-man that sets up fast (raise 2 outside walls and insert a ridge pole). Lays flat and pulls like a sled. Lots of room. Now think about this: I bought it in 1985, and I still use it every season. I've fished from it hundreds of times. No reason to buy another style. It still works great. All flaps, doors, windows, etc. are Velcro - no zippers. Also, the floor is OSB (what you may call particle board). Despite the reputation of this type wood for delaminating (swelling) and being "cheap", mine is just as good as new! I don't know what they coated this OSB with from the factory, but mine is just as good now as when I bought it. I bet this brand is no longer available - because the originals were just too good. Buy one and ice fish from it for life. The only modification I ever made to the original design was to screw a pair of skis onto the original wood runners to create a wider base for better travel across snow.