www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Two Trails are better than one

Default Two Trails are better than one

Would there be any remote possibility , that the IMTT, would consider another trail for 25 hp lakes and less- 10 hp /electric motor. . As long as I could remember, the IMTT, has always found the best lakes in Illinois , that had good catches of muskie. The larger lakes, we all know of, and the exploratory lakes that they have fished in the past, might have turned a few fish, but not enough to establish a major turn out of Anglers. Pierce lake, Shabbona,Lake Carlton, Lake George, then to Lake McMaster- Banner marsh. Spring lake is on the main trail- head south to site M----Head East - Evergreen. In the central part of Illinois,there is Pana Lake, or Paradice , north of Lake Mattoon. The the two lake that Shawnee club speaks of-goldeneye, and Canvasback. Yes they are small, but they hold muskie. I sure that, there are a few muskie anglers that have done well on these lakes , from a small craft.

anyone Interested

kev

Yes there is a remote possibility. Anything is possible. After all, we have a Youth Trail starting this year. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting though. Go for it Kevin, you don't need the IMTT. And right now and for the foreseeable near future, we have our hands full. Honest. A 10 horse would be desirable to some, but I also imagine that part of the draw of those quieter lakes to those that fish them is that there aren't many tournaments, if any. It sounds good but logistically it's a nightmare- just my opinion. If you have a vision though, don't hold yourself back, start a league or trail up, and most of all good luck!

I'd post your theorum on other musky websites to gauge interest, but leave the IMTT out of it. We are what we are, and it's a handful. If we spread ourselves too thin we're no better for it.

I would fish another "trail" before I fished the IMTT .... So I say make it happen Kevin.

Thumbs up Small Lake Tournaments

Kevin , You are correct, we have a lot of smaller lakes in the state that hold nice Muskies. As you mentioned we fished several of these, as part of the IMTT. The turn out was very small for each event. We made the decision to table this part of the tournament trail at this time. We also agreed to revisit these lakes in the future. Our plan was to help the IDNR/Biologist to study the number and quality of fish in these lakes. We also wanted to lure new Muskie fishermen to the adventure of Muskie fishing in Illinois. With the small turn out at the events we were unable to achive either of these goals. Our new plan is to revisit these lakes in a few years, at that time we feel the quality and number of fish will be better than today, and they will be among the better Muskie lakes in Illinois. All the lakes you mentioned are beautiful lakes, and we hope to revisit them as part of the IMTT. Until that time I would like to invite every one to fish the Illinois Muskie Trail Tournament Trail events. If you see your vision thru, and hold events on some of these smaller lakes I will try to participate.

Howard Chambliss
    IMTT President

Jimmy Mac, Jimmy, Oh, Jimmy Mac
    When are you coming back?
    Last edited by muskellunged; 12-28-2009 at 07:48 PM.

Default Two Trails- How to build one-

When I came on board with the IMTT, when it first got started, I found that takes more than one man to build a trail a good trail, and man power is the way to go. I think the IMTT , has done a great job through the years. For me to start a small lake trail in Illinois for muskie, would be impossible . I tend to wonder of all the muskie hunters in Illinois who old records of the largest muskies on those small lakes, how would find all that information.Besides , there are many out there who do not fill out the green cards for the IDNR, which provides them to establish the status of muskies in Illinois lakes.
    Although there are a few of us out there that still show their concern, when it comes to tournaments, and the value of having a local muskie club. As for myself, I turned to the making of lures , and selling them , At The Fins and Feather show, coming up at the end of January in Bloomington.

All muskie Hunters are welcomed at my booth JAN 29-30-31

see you there kev