www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 2009/2010 Virgin Run

Cool 2009/2010 Virgin Run

Well, after all the rigging and testing , I finally made it out today wishing I'd been out last week seeing all the shacks out there. Was gonna stick to my game plan and fish slallow , but that changed when I saw tracks everywhere and was feeling pretty safe. Took off from the yellow gates and went 1.74 miles east and a little south and found what I was looking for. Kinda surprised there was only 3.5 to 5 inches after hearing all these reports of 6-8 inches.Good thing my wheeler didn't go through, My wife woulda been P.O'd at you guys. Guess my ruler isn't as big as some. Chris the BSG sold me two suckers from hell. Steped on one, cut off their tails , hooked them deep and they still kept trippin the flags making me think I was in the holy land. At 3:00 pm I started marking fish and it continued pretty steady until it shut off completely at 5:00 . Both keepers caught on firetigers with tipped stingers.
    Even managed a twofer, two 13 inchers on one lure. Never did get anything on the tip-ups. Caught lots and lots of Dinks and 2 decent keepers.
    Beautiful day on the bay-No wind , sunny, and I didn't have to swim.
    Slammer!!!!!!!!

Holy crap, SLAMMER caught some fish The bite must be on fire! Either that, or all your practice time in the pool paid off! What ever the reason, glad to hear you got a few.

P.S. - I'll be sure to pick out a couple gimpy suckers next time, so you don't have to chase so many false flags.
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Cool

P.S. - I'll be sure to pick out a couple gimpy suckers next time, so you don't have to chase so many false flags.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Chris, but I put those suckers in my glove box in the truck and the should be just fine for next time. And Yeah , You know the bite is on even if I'm catchin a cold. Slammer!!!!!!

So glad to hear you got a few!! I might actually get to go out this weekend for a few hours..so maybe I will see you out there if you are out and about. I was going to wait until there was 8 inches of ice. There is about 6 inches where we have our shack..so hopefully by the weekend there will be enough. Good luck and Merry Christmas!!

Cool Holy Crap again! Whats goin on!!

Hey,
    Just got done cleaning this afternoons catch. Started marking fish at 3:15 and caught a few dinks. Then lost what felt like the pig of a lifetime about 20feet off the bottom . Just wasn't her time. Marked fish steadily until 4:50 and then it just shut off again. Ended up with two nice pike and a 16 & 17" eye. Then at 5:00 my deadstick was a wigglin and thought I had another nice keeper and it turned out to be the 2nd biggest perch of my life.
    15 inches on the nose and fatter than any walleye. What shocked me was it had some pretty narly bite marks on it. Way cool!
    Hey xray girl, make sure you take the new addition along if you go- You know- 3 more lines in the water. I won't be out until next thursday as the whole fam is home and have to work a little. Have a Great Xmas .

P.S. Talked to some guy tonight at the yellow gait access and he said his and about 5 other shacks were broke into. Snowmobile tracks is the means of getaway. Oh , and Chris , the suckers I put in the glove box were just fine once I gave em a little water!!!
    Slammer!!!!!!!!

Default Nice Fish

Hey Slammer,

I was the guy that was parked next to you at the access, so that fatty ended up being 15", congrats.

Veese