www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Troling Kinzua in the fall?

Default Troling Kinzua in the fall?

I would figure that Kinzua with the low water level would be good fall trolling for muskies. Wondering if that is the case? And where would I launch my boat?

Kaz~

From the sounds of it, all ANF launches will be closed after 12/13. A new rule/law enacted just this year is the reason behind it. Something to do with protecting the resources.

I think you will have to use the Webb's Ferry Launch as the rest will be gated or do not extend far enough to accommodate 'winter pool' launching

Here is the number to the Warren office of the ANF......(814) 723-5150. Maybe call them to hear it from the horse's mouth just to make sure.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Red,

Have you heard of anyone pulling some monsters out of Kinzua in Late October through November?

Kaz

Honestly, I rarely hear much about Kinzua. I only did 1 trip up there this summer and we hit 1 decent pike all day. The couple of big fish through the ice that my partner tells me about each year and a big fish here and there during summer but that is pretty much it.

I honestly think there are big fish coming out of there from time to time but the guys who catch them keep their mouths closed which is pretty dang smart in my book. There are guys who camp out there for weeks at a time and most of them do not get on the internet post pics and babble about it.

With less water up there after drawdown, the chances of scoring a fattie is greater but that can still mean days and days without any action. It only takes 1 fish with the right girth to make you a hero, however.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com