So far the "ice making" weather we have had has been followed by wind! Not ideal for Green Bay.... I'm not in a hurry to venture out this season and I'd guess it will be mid-jan before we can get out on the OPEN bay. That is actually very normal, most winters will locked up the inner bays by the end of Dec or early Jan with the main bay safe for ATV or snowmobile traffic a few weeks later. Right now we are installing tracks on the Rangers and getting ice-shanties ready for when we get a the "green light" from mother nature... That said... the last two weekend in Jan are already full... so if you are planning to make reservation for ice fishing I would get your name in one of the few weekend in Feb or early-March. I prefer to guide when the most of the bay is accessible. Otherwise we are just too limited and often unable to capitalize on the best fishing. That's the other bad thing about late ice.... It quickly compresses our fishing season! So for now sit tight and enjoy the holidays... See you on the ice in 2010!
Capt Scott