www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Spillway report

Unhappy Spillway report

There are two main items , That I found , when fishing for walleyes at the spillway. 1] plenty of jig heads and 2] plenty of line. We arrive Sunday, around 10 am, and stayed to 3:30pm - one walleye, caught by Phil and his 40" 18lb muskie, just full of shad. We had heard that the bite was on for walleye, and arrived with high hopes to limit out. Not so, one must have a good sensitive rod, with plenty of back bone. I got real good tying knot most of the day, as the line slowly left my reel. I guess one must have the feel for the bumps, if whether it is a fish ,or just another rock, smothered in old line. That is my summary of the spillway- good luck to all that fish there.

kev

Sorry I missed you Kevin, I was there but we probably didn't recognize each other all bundled up!! I was mostly down on the corner and it wasn't till I was on my way out when I ran into Ralph, who said you were there. I didn't fish long myself, only an hour or two from about 9-11. It was apparent the bite was not going to be on for toothers, and I had plenty to do around the house......darn honey do's.

Anyway, yeah, with the water up so high and the rocks covered, on top of the ledge that exists now about 12 feet out, keeping unhooked from "rock" fish is challenging. There is indeed alot of hardware down there, as well as balls of mono. I lost more plastics than I care to admit trying to ride the ledge, and retreated back to the 'crete. I managed a flathead and a few buffs....but no muskie. Maybe I'll catch you there again soon, good luck and keep us up to speed.