www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice conditions - Dec 11

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ice conditions - Dec 11

Just thought I would stick this up here. I went out on Potato near Stone Lake today for my first trip out. There was just a air less than 4" of ice everywhere I measured it. Just jigged for panfish for a couple hours in the evening and other than a couple tiny perch, came up empty handed.

Tanner, I remember reading on a forum years ago about a guy that had a guided bluegill ice trip in the Hayward area. He posted pictures of some giant bluegills, and made it sound like they caught a lot of fish. I also seem to remember him saying they fished some pretty remote lakes. I think some they had to snowmobile or maybe even walk into them.

Couple questions for you:

1.) Do you guide for panfish, or do you mainly do 'eyes and northerns?

2.) Do you ever fish those super hard to get to lakes that nobody would know about unless the cousin of their uncle's grandpa told them about them, or do you mostly stick to the accessable, well known lakes?

Hopefully my ice season is a little more productive than most of my musky season was this year!

Good luck out there, and be safe everyone.

curleytail

Curly,
    I don't remember anybody advertising or doing that around hayward, but thats not saying much!

I defenatly guide for panfish and crappies on the ice, some of my favorites! I do fish the main, well known panfish lakes, but I also fish the lakes that you have to travel into, like in the Chequamegon national forest and other areas. you can usually drive a truck most of the way to them, unless there is a ton of snow, otherwise take an atv to them. some of the other lakes you can drive to the boat landing and get on them that way, but just nobody fishes the lakes.

Shoot me an email if you would like to get out this winter panfishing or even pike and walleye fishing. tannerwildes@gmail.com

Good luck,
    Tanner Wildes
    Captain Tanner Wildes Guide Service
    Tanner Wildes
    Web Site: http://www.tannerwildes.com