www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Women's Reel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I realize the bass talk is a digression for the original post, but of great interest to me nonetheless. I must disagree with tait about buzzbaits a bit. I prefer three bladed buzzbaits because I can fish them slower and still get proper action out of them. Other top waters to try are storm chug bugs and zara spooks. I like clear plastic topwaters.

Back to reels. Does Plfueger no longer make round Trions? I can only find them in obscure places now. Ty, I am interested that you said the Curado 300E isn't cut out to throw cowgirls. I was thinking a getting one for a bucktail rod because it has a higher gear ratio than most reels. But if it can't hack it with cowgirls maybe I should stick with my C4.

Paul, if you are using your C4 for Cowgirls, all I can say is you will be much happier with any other reel than that one for bucktails. That reel is a nightmare to use Cowgirls with. That gear ratio with that little handle makes for a true workout with Cowgirls. If you want a great reel for Cowgirls get one of the round Pfluegers but buy a Calcutta Te LJV handle from Shimano direct. That handle fits perfectly on the Pflueger 55 and 65. Also, the Curado 300E is more of a small bucktail/topwater/jerkbait reel. Anything with a lot of torque will be hard to reel in. So basically anything but big blades.

Tait, quit giving up all the bass secrets so easily. You gotta make Snizz think for himself sometimes or else his mind gets restless.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Default Bass

Sorry Ty, I'll just give away one more secret.

Snizz, try throwing a Pacemaker. I've caught some big bass on those. Plus Ty can sell to those bass fishermen down there after you catch a bigin'.

Tait

ya, I am bringing a PM with me...i caught a pretty nice size large mouth on Sand last year, thing just smoked the PM right at the turn at the boat...I am also in the process of making an old wood one a little smaller...prolly around the 4-5" range just for bassin...there is nothing out there like a PM for bass...

Default Pfleuger 65 vs 66?

Ty...was the 65 replaced by the 66? Also, cannot read you tying above about what exact Calcutta TE handle your recommend? What size TE handle?

I may have said it wrong. There is the 56 and the 66 model in the Trion. The larger 66 has the line guide moves back and forth on the cast and the smaller 56 does not. The 66 casts a little better because of the line guide movement.

The handle to put on the Pfluegers for Cowgirls is the Calcutta Te LJV handle. You can only get this handle directly from Shimano's website. You honestly will not believe the difference this handle makes. It is hands down better than any handle out there. You will never complain about reeling in Cowgirls again.

One thing I forgot, make sure to have the handle down when you cast or else the handle will engage your reel midair. This is not only embarrassing but is a good way to trash a reel.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com