www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice Fishing Reports 09/10

Default Ice Fishing Reports 09/10

Well three of us loaded up in the truck and went to check on ice conditions yesterday. Medium to Large lakes have skimmed over but are NOT suitable for travel yet. Skim ice up to an inch on these lakes.

However we did find a small lake that I like early was suitable for foot travel with 2-3 inches of ice covering the bay we walked on. In all honesty, fishing was great! We limited on walleyes before dark, and had action from about 30 fish in 2 1/2 hours. We caught them on tip-ups, jigging small demon jigs, and buckshot rattle spoons. Most of the walleyes were from 14-17 inches with the biggest landing at 19". Great tasting treats.

Pete Brzezinski
    Northland Muskie Adventures Guide Service
    (715)574-1813
    Pete Brzezinski
    (715) 574-1813

Default More eyes and snow storm

Got out again last night, tip-ups seemed to be the ticket...but lots of pick-ups and drops.(20+) Flag goes up, start walking to the flag, spindles spinning, as you get close to the flag spindle spins really fast, they can see/hear you walking on the ice and then drop the minnow. The ones we caught choked it down. Only one caught jigging and didn't mark as many fish.

Over night we only gained a 1/2 inch of ice so we now have 2.5 to 3.25 inches of ice on this small particular lake. I have a feelling if we get the snow that are talking about it'll will sink what little ice that was have on area lakes and make getting on the ice really really dangerous with all the weight of the snow. We may be looking at another week or so before we get some safe ice on medium to large lakes. We'll have to wait and see how it shakes out.

Pete Brzezinski
    (715)574-1813
    Pete Brzezinski
    (715) 574-1813

Cool walleyes on the bite!!!

Walleye fishing has been continually getting better as the season goes on.
    4 out 4 of my last trips have resulted in limit catches of walleyes. With some nicer eyes mixed in up to 25 inches. Typical nights have been 3-7 fish in the last hour of light into dark a bit. Jigging and the dead rod have been getting bit with some nights they have a prefrence for one or the other. I'll be starting to do some half day trips now until season closes. Ice fishing trips will run $150 for 4 hours. Call for avalibility. I'll have pics posted soon.

Pete Brzezinski
    nbkguideservice@yahoo.com
    (715)574-1813
    Pete Brzezinski
    (715) 574-1813