Well I hope everyone had a safe and successfull deer season. I was able to put a few pounds of venison in the freezer. I did not see as many deer this year but that seems to be the general comments I hear from most that I talk to. In many counties in the northwoods the harvest was down 50+ %. That being said it is time to get geared up for the next season, Ice Fishing. I am seeing skim ice beginning to form in the mornings in some of the bays on the smaller lakes. With the forcast for the next week or so they are calling for lows in the mid teens and highs only in the mid 20's. If that holds true the lakes will make ice quickly. I may be optimistic but I am hoping to maybe get out this weekend. I am not sure if that will be possible or not but I hope so. Early ice is one of my favorite times and best chances at some big eyes. You must use extreme caution on thin ice especially if you are not familliar with the lake.
As the temps drop I will be out checking Ice and will keep you posted as the season progresses

Good Fishing,