www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Shore fishing

Default Shore fishing

Anybody know how the shore fisherman rig up their equipment for musky fishing? I was watching a group last week driving around over the deep water and driving the boat back to shore...it also looked like there were sucker bobbers hanging from the tips of their rods which were propped up on the shoreline. I doubt that I will ever attempt this technique myself, but I'm curious as to how they would keep their suckers in place...

CPR'd a chunky 44" yesterday.

I think the safest way to shore fish is to use two circle hooks rigged up like a quick set rig. With this rig you are sure never to hook a fish bad. The circle hooks always hook in the corner of the mouth as long as you use the in line circle hooks, not the offset circle hooks. You also don't get snagged as much. A group of friends come up every fall and shore fish and we have never had a fish hooked bad or even close. Always hooked in the corner of the mouth. I've even used circle hooks while casting but the only problem is they weigh a lot so if your suckers are not really fresh they tend to roll the sucker over or make them run funny. The only problem with circle hooks is you cannot hook anything under 40 inches because of the whole physics of the circle hook. You need weight to have the rigs work properly.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Ty

I am interested in this circle hook rig set up like a quick strike. One hook would obviously go in the suckers mouth, where does the second one go and how do you attach it to the sucker

Thanks

Bob

I think Ty runs his rigs a little different than this, but this is how I run them.

The first hook, or nose hook is done herbie style with a rubberband through the nostrils. The back hook is run herbie style, skewered underneath the spine slightly behind the dorsal fin.

Hope this helps.

Corey Meyer