www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Thanksgiving week - Fri.-Sun

Default Thanksgiving week - Fri.-Sun

Hi Ya'll,

My girl and I are planning on coming up from Atlanta to do some Muskie hunting. Will be wasting our time ? I know it's supposed to be colder, and perhaps some snow Friday. But I'm looking to add to my 50incher I caught in Iowa in September. Any help would be appreciated. It will be my first time on Cave Run.

Thanks,

Tim

Talking

I've never considered time spent fishing Cave Run a 'waste', I'd think if you have the opportunity, come on up and give it a run. You sure can't catch them if you're at home on the couch.
    I would recommend getting one of Tony's guides for a day if this is your first time on the Cave, these guys can really shorten your learning curve if you can get one booked on short notice.
    Also, there's a $3 ramp parking fee at each launch, so you'll need a hang tag for your vehicle and they can be purchased at most area convenience stores and gas stations. Just saying so you won't get to the ramp and have to run back into town. Cave Run is a beautiful lake in any season. Enjoy! m

Quote Originally Posted by mikie View Post
    I've never considered time spent fishing Cave Run a 'waste', I'd think if you have the opportunity, come on up and give it a run. You sure can't catch them if you're at home on the couch.
    I would recommend getting one of Tony's guides for a day if this is your first time on the Cave, these guys can really shorten your learning curve if you can get one booked on short notice.
    Also, there's a $3 ramp parking fee at each launch, so you'll need a hang tag for your vehicle and they can be purchased at most area convenience stores and gas stations. Just saying so you won't get to the ramp and have to run back into town. Cave Run is a beautiful lake in any season. Enjoy! m
    Thanks for the input. Any idea of when - or if - the muskies shut down ? I have no idea of what kind of water temperature you guys have up there. Where would I start - up creek arms, out find some weeds on a shallow hump ?

Talking great time

I would like to thank tony and all the guys at the muskie lodge for a goodtime last weekend it was my first trip there and felt right at home. The guys were very helpful in telling us good spots to go and the gals in the south are die hard musky fisherman. thanks again David and Michael Nabb