www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 2009 Gun Deer Prediction

Angry 2009 Gun Deer Prediction

Well,............................................
    That about says it for Central Wisconsin. My heart goes out to anybody hunting County or State land. It has been decimated. And forget about Wolves, how about 30,000 Bears feeding on young fawns? How about over kill by our friends in Madison? All these hungry, unemployed hunters, trying to fill a freezer for the family. Save your money and buy beef. I could not honestly Guide this Gun Season. My guess is we will be lucky to harvest 230,000 deer Statewide combined for all hunting seasons. Wisconsin will never be a BIG BUCK STATE like some propose.
    Now, I must go to fill out my DNR deer survey. I have to subtract two deer in my count because my 16 year old got her license, and two for the neighbors dog went loose for a week. Thats scientific people.
    Good luck and be SAFE,

Glen Loppnow
    Last edited by Ruttnut; 12-01-2009 at 10:45 PM.
    RUTTNUT Whitetail Hunting Guide Service
    Wisconsin's Premiere Whitetail Deer Hunting Guide Service
    Web Site: www.ruttnut.com

Thumbs down

100,000 deer registered opening weekend. I haven't heard a word on the kill since. The harvest was down 25% on Monday. I can't wait to see the numbers. Maybe I over "estimated" the numbers. Remember, It's not an actual count, It's just an estimate.

Glen

Default 2009 gun season

I have to say about this 2009 season bow,gun it has been pitiful i have spent countless hours in a tree and have seen virtually no deer, I have been in different counties on both public and private land it did not make a difference.
    The DNR have forced the hand of hunters to shoot does that would not ordinarily have been shot to be shot in order to get a sticker so they could shoot a buck. The DNR leaders have listened to the Insurance Companies to get the herd in check so they don't have as many insurance claims in car deer accidents.
    Frank B.
    Last edited by Ruttnut; 12-05-2009 at 12:28 AM.

Not to be bitter, but It has been the worst year ever for my brother and I. This is the first time EVER that we both have been skunked. Thank goodness his 13 year old son got a doe, that youngster is proud of his first deer! We have tried many areas in Barron county where deer were once abundant. I went to Pierce county one day and seen 2 deer but not a shot. Today is the last day of the ml season and I will go out this afternoon to a new area. Maybe, just maybe my buck tag could get filled.

Well As The Deer Season Fiasco Of 2009 Is Drawing To A Close, I Look Back Fondly To Past Seasons And Smile. {its All I Have Left}
    In 2006 I Spent 60 Days In Treestands In Kenosha County On Public Land For A Grand Total 9 Small Bucks And 17 Does.
    In 2007 I Spent 56 Days In The Same Place And Saw 6 Bucks And 7 Does.
    In 2008 I Spent 77 Days In Juneau Co. And Kenosha Co. And Saw 3 Small Bucks, And Appx. 9 Does.
    In 2009 I Hunted Mostly Juneau Co. Not So Many Days Though. Only Appx. 22 So Far. My Total Sightings Were 2 Small Bucks And 5 Does.{most Going To My Neighbors Illegal Bait Pile}
    2006 Was The First Time Since 1976 That I Didn't See A Buck I Wanted To Shoot.
    Followed By 2007, followed by 2008, followed by 2009, see a pattern here? the DNR dosen't. in earn a buck countys, you shoot a doe then you can shoot a buck. if you shoot 27 does, then you can shoot 27 bucks. in non cwd units there is 40 days of gun hunting if you follow and participate in all the seasons. in cwd units there are 50 days.
    Its Not Lack Of Skills That Prevent My Seeing Deer. Its That They're All Dead. do you hear that Do Nothing Right{DNR} They're All Dead. YOU SAY THERE NOT MOVING, YOU'RE RIGHT! BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL DEAD!!
    I've Bowhunted For 40 Years And Shot My Share Of deer, and some Big Deer.
    We Own 80 Acres In Juneau Co. And Plant Food For Wildlife. Corn, Soybeans, Winter Rye, Sunflowers, Clover Ect. This Is Not Just For The Deer But For Turkeys, Birds And Squirrels.
    You Would Think There Would Be Some Deer Using This Food Source. And There Are A Few. After Dark.
    But The Reason 2009 Will Stick Out Most In My Mind Is: My 14 Yr. Old Daughter Was Hunting With Me. It Is The First Year She Expressed A Desire To Go Hunting. We Spent Some Good Times In The Blind. But You Can't Teach A Kid To Fish Trying To Fish Muskys where you're lucky to see a couple a day. I wish i could show her a couple deer a day. and hope her desire is still there when the dnr gets its head out of its collective ass and let the deer herd recover enough to see a couple of deer on any given weekend hunting.
    All I Can Say Is, God Bless Wisconsins Senate Majority Leader Russ Decker, Finally Someone In A Position Of Authority Hears The Outraged Crys Of The Common Hunter. And hopefully will call the DNR on the carpet for their total inability to figure out how to manage a very very important semi renewal resource.
    Last edited by nontypical199; 12-08-2009 at 06:46 PM.

I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by nontypical199 View Post
    Well As The Deer Season Fiasco Of 2009 Is Drawing To A Close, I Look Back Fondly To Past Seasons And Smile. {its All I Have Left}
    In 2006 I Spent 60 Days In Treestands In Kenosha County On Public Land For A Grand Total 9 Small Bucks And 17 Does.
    In 2007 I Spent 56 Days In The Same Place And Saw 6 Bucks And 7 Does.
    In 2008 I Spent 77 Days In Juneau Co. And Kenosha Co. And Saw 3 Small Bucks, And Appx. 9 Does.
    In 2009 I Hunted Mostly Juneau Co. Not So Many Days Though. Only Appx. 22 So Far. My Total Sightings Were 2 Small Bucks And 5 Does.{most Going To My Neighbors Illegal Bait Pile}
    2006 Was The First Time Since 1976 That I Didn't See A Buck I Wanted To Shoot.
    Followed By 2007, followed by 2008, followed by 2009, see a pattern here? the DNR dosen't. in earn a buck countys, you shoot a doe then you can shoot a buck. if you shoot 27 does, then you can shoot 27 bucks. in non cwd units there is 40 days of gun hunting if you follow and participate in all the seasons. in cwd units there are 50 days.
    Its Not Lack Of Skills That Prevent My Seeing Deer. Its That They're All Dead. do you hear that Do Nothing Right{DNR} They're All Dead. YOU SAY THERE NOT MOVING, YOU'RE RIGHT! BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL DEAD!!
    I've Bowhunted For 40 Years And Shot My Share Of deer, and some Big Deer.
    We Own 80 Acres In Juneau Co. And Plant Food For Wildlife. Corn, Soybeans, Winter Rye, Sunflowers, Clover Ect. This Is Not Just For The Deer But For Turkeys, Birds And Squirrels.
    You Would Think There Would Be Some Deer Using This Food Source. And There Are A Few. After Dark.
    But The Reason 2009 Will Stick Out Most In My Mind Is: My 14 Yr. Old Daughter Was Hunting With Me. It Is The First Year She Expressed A Desire To Go Hunting. We Spent Some Good Times In The Blind. But You Can't Teach A Kid To Fish Trying To Fish Muskys where you're lucky to see a couple a day. I wish i could show her a couple deer a day. and hope her desire is still there when the dnr gets its head out of its collective ass and let the deer herd recover enough to see a couple of deer on any given weekend hunting.
    All I Can Say Is, God Bless Wisconsins Senate Majority Leader Russ Decker, Finally Someone In A Position Of Authority Hears The Outraged Crys Of The Common Hunter. And hopefully will call the DNR on the carpet for their total inability to figure out how to manage a very very important semi renewal resource.

I completly agree. Heads should roll at the DNR.

308win

Default russ decker email adress

here is senate majority leader russ deckers email adress.
    as hunters we need to keep this guy on board with us.
    please take a couple minutes to email him with you're thoughts.
    Sen.Decker@legiswisconsin.gov

thanks for you're time

Default How To Fill Out You're Online Deer Survey

PLEASE TAKE A COUPLE MINUTES TO FILL OUT THIS SIMPLE DNR ONLINE DEER SURVEY. I DIDN'T KNOW IT EXISTED UNTIL FUMBILING AROUND THE SITE.
    GOOGLE www.dnr.wi.gov THEN CLICK ON "DEER UNIT MANAGEMENT MAP"
    CLICK ON "BACK TO DEER HUNTING IN WIS."
    CLICK ON THE POP UP "DEER HUNTER WILDLIFE SURVEY"

THE DNR USES THIS INFO TO "ESTIMATE" THE DEER NUMBERS.
    IT ONLY TAKES APPX. 1 MINUTE FOR EACH DAY HUNTED.
    ACCORDING TO THE DEER HUNTER SURVEY RESULTS AS IT STANDS NOW, YOU HAVE TO SIT 24.8 HOURS ON STAND TO SEE A BUCK.
    12 HRS. PER DOE AND 18 HRS. PER FAWN
    MY AVERAGE THIS YEAR IS 66 HRS. STAND TIME PER BUCK.
    44 HRS. PER DOE AND 66 HRS PER FAWN.
    PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE TO FILL OUT THIS SURVEY, AS THEY USE IT AS AN EXCUSE TO CONTINUE TO OVERSHOOT THE DEER POPULATION.
    THANKS FOR YOU'RE TIME.