www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Lake Kinkaid

Default Fishing Lake Kinkaid

I live in Missouri and really want to fish Lake Kinkaid. I have fished rivers and small lakes for the alusive muskie. I have a 14ft john boat with a ten horse power motor. Would I have any problems fishing this lake? Are there any muskie in any connecting streams or creeks? Where should I begin my hunt at Lake Kinkaid?

Default Fishing

Muskie-
    The lake is well into turnover...maybe already done in fact. (The lake has cleared up quite a bit and the weeds near the top are brown and wispy...which is very typical of post turnover conditions) The experts may want to chime in here...but that is just my $.02. Also, fishing seems to be heating up. Yesterday morning my buddy and I went 1/3 with a 33" landed. My buddy lost a high 40's on a figure 8. If I were you I would try fishing weeds, as muskies still seem to be relating to these. If you can troll, I would also give trolling the breaklines a try as well as the main basin over open water. Hope this helps.....Good luck!

Thumbs up 14 footer is fine

There are plenty of bays on the lake to get out of the wind if it picks up. Plenty of fish in them. Your 10hp motor is probably a great trolling motor if it is maintained. Enjoy fishing Kinkaid and remember to release your hog, so I can catch him next year!