www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Today's boat action,,,

Default Today's boat action,,,

I had Ron Andrews from Chicagoland in the boat today hunting muskies. It was an interesting day. The wind was blowing 12 to 20 miles an hour out of the south all day. Boat control was imparitive to putting fish in the boat.
    The muskies have started to move on artificials again, we had one about 35 inches hit a depthraider and lost it at the boat 10 minutes into fishing. A short time later one about 38 inches was following the sucker, didn't hit. Then Ron boated a 42 incher on a depthraider. We then had a smaller fish about 37 inches following the sucker, again didn't hit. The last fish of the day was a 45 incher Ron boated on a sucker, this fish followed the suckers for awhile then we finally got her " fired up enuf" to grab a sucker and Ron set the hook immediately and we netted her.

All the action was over by 1:30 in the afternoon.

The key for the success of the day was boat control, 95 percent of catching fish on tough wind days depends on it.

If you guys can get up here, they are biting, and we have great suckers here at Guides Choice Pro Shop.

Fishing with Ron again tomorrow, stay tuned,

Ranger Rick
    "Ranger" Rick Krueger
    Guide's Choice Pro Shop
    Web Site: http://www.guideschoiceproshop.com

Thanks for the detailed report RangE! YOU are the best out there by far for up to dated reports this fall! Thank you and mention to your clients how good your blackend prime rib is, see sometimes that is wayyyyyy better then the initial day on the water!!! But folks it is to die for it's that good try it!!

Default That's musky fishing.....

Had Ron Andrews again yesterday, it is a good thing we had a banner day Thursday, we never saw a fish on friday. Fished on Kentuck Lake and she was pretty dead. Wind was from the south, southeast. There were 7 boats on the lake, by 1.30 pm there were only three left ,,,,,,on a Friday afternoon. That is what I call a tough bite.

I only heard of one boat catching fish out there yesterday, they were in 10 feet of water. Caught a forty three incher, and they missed two more in the same spot. All were sucker bites. I believe those were males "hunting in a pack" as males do in late fall. All the action for those guys as over in 20 minutes and they were "inside" some of the good weedbeds.
    Talked to many other fisherman yesterday and they to had only a small fish or no action at all around here. When Mother Nature shuts them down for a day she does a big job at it.
    The best report came from a guy that was fishing way up in the U.P. of Michagan that caught a 47 incher and lost one over 50 inches, but he was on a lake way up north, so far north that he can see Lake Superior from the landing.
    Today I'm working Guides Choice, but back on the water tomorrow.

By 3:30 there was only one other boat on the lake.

Today I'm working Guides Choice, but back on the water tomorrow.

Stay tuned for more up to date action as long as we have open water.

Isn't anyone else fishing out there????

Ranger Rick
    "Ranger" Rick Krueger
    Guide's Choice Pro Shop
    Web Site: http://www.guideschoiceproshop.com

like to be fishing, been checking out your reports and im dying a slow death here at work. besides you said i had to leave the lake alone for a while.been working on fixing your ramp, ill keep you posted.......glen.