www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 95th st. Perch

Default 95th st. Perch

Tried to get out this morning and head out to the break wall. NO LUCK!!! Wind was blowin' hard and there had to be 3' to 4' rollers with white caps. Have to try again tomorrow. From what I've been reading the bite is on. 30 FOW. Boat is all gassed up and ready to go tomorrow. Forecast shows 5 to 10 out of the East. This may make it bearable to get the boat in the water without any problems. Was bummed out, but I figure better safe than sorry.

Hit 95th st again. Rough going early this morning. The perch were definitely not cooperating. Between myself and dad we caught maybe 20 over 7 hours. None of any size, biggest being 8 inches. There were plenty of boats around us at the break wall, as I watched for hours didn't see anyone really hammering any fish. We got at 6 and the short lived bite started just as the sun broke the horizon. After that nada, zero, zip, zilch. Oh we did stumble onto a school of gobies and zebra mussels. I think I am going to wait till the little guys move in closer. Like Navy Pier close. Either next week or the following week hopefully.

Was at the hole in wall at cal park 11/12/09 hammered big perch 3 guys 3hrs 45 fish best all year ! drifting with jigging spoons no minnows. They where digging in the channel and there was a mud line . The larger perch where on the edge of that mud line.Time to kill a deer will be back afterwards if the weather holds .

Default Cal- park

Back again 11/21 and 11/22 both days limits each of 10 and 12 inch perch had to weed though some smaller fish still great days , east end of the wall much better than the hole . Lots of boats both days still jigging spoon out fished a drop rig 3-1 . Waitting for the weather to calm down to get back at them.