www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Good place for breakfast

Default Good place for breakfast

Headed over next week and are looking for a good place for breakfast before hitting the water. Gladstone area would be best.
    Thanks

The Delona Restaurant would be my first choice. Good food, prices, and portions, (if you leave there hungry, it's your own fault.) Easy in and out if you're towing your boat. They're right next door to us, a couple miles south of Gladstone. If you want to stay in town, Deb's Home Cooking is good, too.
    Last edited by The Bait Shop Guy; 11-10-2009 at 08:50 AM.
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Second Delona's. The Garbage Omlett sets you up for a whole day.

Third for the Delona, best breakfast around.

Delona's good. So is Elmer's, but it's right in the center of Esky, though. Good parking, though.
    Gary
    "SeeSwell"

I got to go with Delonas too pork chops and eggs is on hit!!! Also fast service as mentioned!!LUK2ALL!!

Default 4 J's ?

Is there one downtown called the 4 J's? I eat there once a year in the summer and love it. Super cheap.

I like the Pantry in Rapid River. Get to talk to all the big time truckers.

For my money you cannot beat Jack's Restaurant in Rapid River, by far the best food in the area---and the prices are unreal. They have the best homemade cinn rolls and sausage gravy I've ever had!!!

Default Breakfast

I hesitantly recommend DeLona's Restaurant due to the fact that you almost always have a side of second hand smoke with your meal and if you don't smoke it's tough. Foods great but hard to enjoy if there are a lot of smokers dining at the same time.
    My second recommendation would be to grab a couple pasties (either breakfast or orginal) and you won't eat for a week!
    C'mon hard water!

My vote goes to the Family Inn. They are located in Wells (across from the Super 8), between Esky and Gladstone. Easy in and out with a truck and trailer and they are 100% smoke free.

Default Family Inn...

Good food, good prices, good people and good air. My favorite breakfast stop on fishing days.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckslayer View Post
    My vote goes to the Family Inn. They are located in Wells (across from the Super 8), between Esky and Gladstone. Easy in and out with a truck and trailer and they are 100% smoke free.
    I'll third this ... we eat at Elmer's Restraunt quite a bit too ... both are good.

Wink

Whaooo had a hard time loggin ,but have been up there A few times for the icefishing and all all I can say is Delonas serves a very good breakfest . plus it is close to to the baitshop.

Default drifters?

Anybody try Drifter's? I have a couple times and no complaints, lots of food and it was very good, Its a little far from Kipling I guess. The familey Inn is also a good choice, ate there severall times. Now I'm gettin hungrey better go eat!