www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Boreal Bay - Deer Camp - Nov 8th

Default Boreal Bay - Deer Camp - Nov 8th

The weather has been slightly warmer then normal the past couple days and is has been nice to see the sun shining and fish taking small insects of the lake surface (suspect it is the Lake Trout making the occasional splash). LOTW is very near freezing with ice forming in shallow bays overnight. Kakagi (Crow) Lake is running between 44 and 47 degree surface temperatures.

Deer are starting the rut with our first rut brought in on Saturday a very nice 11 point buck. The hunters brought in 5 other bucks during last week between 6 and 8 points.

A few pictures:

Regards,
    Kevin Nelson
    Boreal Bay Lodge
    (800) 541-5816

Default Question?

kevin, any fishing updates? and any Whitefish & Cisco spawnings yet? thanx Rob

Hello Rob,

With the above normal temperatures the past couple weeks the lake surface temperatures are still in the middle 40's - (44.8 - 46.8 based on my depth finder).

I have been out looking around a few times during the day with good sunlight and ow wind conditions - open water reefs that Lake Trout used for spawning didn't have anything on top or near. Shallow bays, weedy inlets, spines were also empty and not seeing anything exciting in adjacent deeper waters on the graph. Very possible that it is time of day issue, but would still think I should have seen some if whitefish and cisco spawn activity was underway.

The only fish activity recently has been open water fish, hitting the surface in deep water - bigger fish based the splash and guessing lake trout. <AND> fish near the resort docks early mornings and evenings - again think it lake trout.

I really would rather cast for the fish, but the only things I caught were a couple accidental lake trout trolling near a reef and some open water.

Wish I could be up for another couple weeks, with a little more time to try a few things. They will be in, but think not yet for this year.

Regards,
    Kevin Nelson
    Boreal Bay Lodge
    (800) 541-5816