www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: DC-10s?

Default DC-10s?

I was first introduced to them back in summer of 07 when i managed to go on a trip to Mille Lacs. this was my first time muskie fishing and the guide told me to throw this and he was sure i would catch a fish. Well by 10am i had a mid 40 in the boat, witha few follows.... after 13 hours of throwing this silly girl all day thats what i had was one fish and i was happy to catch my first muskie.

Now little over two years later i have two cowgirls in my box. I have tried them in every place, time and way i could use them. the best i have was two missed fish could not tell what they were and one mamoth bowfin in the boat.

Am i better off beating my head against the wall or do you guys net fish with these? I do not want to take them out of my box but they are not working for me at all. Now the safty pin tens i have had luck on but not the inlines. Any thought, input, tips?

Remember real men throw pink baits, These guys do not like to be caught at all, so to set up the camera on timer was not high on my list of fun things to do so i just snapped the pic on one of his calm moments

Last edited by Anzomcik; 11-09-2009 at 05:30 PM.

I am right there with ya on the 10's. I picked up a couple at the beginning of this year and just never really got any action on them. I still had action on the 8's and 9's, but not the 10's. It got to the point where I just bascally stopped throwin them. I'll be curious to hear the other responses also.

I've had a good bit of action and fish caught(mostly summertime) with the dbl 10s. Most fish have come on the 8s. The showgirls did well by me this year too, just needed to crank the speed up big time to get the fish to eat them.

Quote Originally Posted by allegheny river kid View Post
    I've had a good bit of action and fish caught(mostly summertime) with the dbl 10s. Most fish have come on the 8s. The showgirls did well by me this year too, just needed to crank the speed up big time to get the fish to eat them.
    Granted i am still new at this, but i bought a red isis so i could burn them fast. and after a year or so of that i think i will sell the red isis because thats why i bought the reel (and the baits do not produce for me atleast). Anyway i could not get much to move no matter the speed

I have only been musky fishing since April of this year and I haven't had any action at all on double 8's, 10's or even inline spinners (Harassers, mepps etc). I may look into the Simms spinnerbaits, I have seen some fish chasing bass size ones this year... I have a lower gear ratio reel which is probably part of the problem. All of my other baits get action but the spinners are very lonely most of the time.......

Quote Originally Posted by river rat 83 View Post
    I have only been musky fishing since April of this year and I haven't had any action at all on double 8's, 10's or even inline spinners (Harassers, mepps etc). I may look into the Simms spinnerbaits, I have seen some fish chasing bass size ones this year... I have a lower gear ratio reel which is probably part of the problem. All of my other baits get action but the spinners are very lonely most of the time.......
    My inlines or bucktails have not produced me a muskie since mille lacs, infact there is only one lake that has givin me action on inlines not muskie action but big largemouths, run of the mill pike and bowfin. My best inline is a showgirl, fluted indiana nickle.